Is this ok?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies, how are you all? I was going to include this poem in my 'Comfort in Posts' post...firstly apologies this is long, I hope it's ok to add to this forum. Is a poem I wrote a few years ago & thought it seemed apt for this current situation.

I Think...

i just sat quiet watching the clouds go by

i saw life in those clouds, just passing & drifting

taking pen in hand, I added to my diary the thoughts

no substance has my days & sleep only to pass time

i dreamt of another world as I cradled my heart

today, I think I will die

am too tired now to ask why...

i entered every day with dissatisfaction

this existence a picture unpainted, devoid & empty

all the dreams circling within a locked mind

too far away & out of reach are all the options

through all this, rebirth will finally come

today, I think I will die

tomorrow, with wings I will fly...

gathering all I now have, together the pieces easily fit

confessions will say goodbye, quietly close the door

once only thought, this reality has become mine

newness through another life, you guide my steps

open up & release the person once lost

today, I think I will live...

with acceptance, myself I will give

I have written many poems over about 20yrs, all very different in style & mood. Is a relaxing outlet to quietly express what is, should be or could be. Take Care xo

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's so lovely - am having such a hard time right now, so I thank you for this, you give hope in this nightmare xx
  • Posted

Bobbins that's lovely ,nice to able to put pen to paper and write from the heart ,what you truly feel .You take good care to 
  • Posted

Beautiful Missy..... Lovely , so warm and from the heart .. Take you for sharing
  • Posted

Love your poem its really a relaxing poem to read you should write more on this website on how you feel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.