Is This PTSD? Or Can It Be My Severe Anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Whenever I hear someone yelling, even if it's from all the way on the other side of the house, it still gets my heartbeat thumping away. When my phone notifications go off, it scares me, for some reason and gets my heart thumping away, just like when people are yelling. It doesn't matter whether or not the other person is mad. If they are yelling, period, it sends me into anxiety mode. I will also, get that pressure feeling in my head. If someone is yelling at me or someone else, I also, begin to get p*ssed off and sometimes, snap on them. Can anyone help me? :'(

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get like this at times, like the phone, etc.  When we have anxiety, we are hypersensative.  I just have to calm myself, and tell myself it is my anxiety. Some of it could be PTSD, especially you had verbally abusive to you, and yelled at you alot?
    • Posted

I can certainly relate.  My adoptive mother was very physically and mentally abuse.  Not to mention I dealt with the same in 6 years of foster care, as well was sexually abused. I believe those of us with anxiety/depression disorders are hypersensative, need to accept that.  And find ways to calm ourselves down.
    • Posted

Oh wow. I definitely didn't have it that bad. I'm so sorry to hear you went through all of that!
    • Posted

Thank you.  I am coping better.  That is was good about Mindfulness.  Living in the here and now, is better the past and the future for that matter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.