Is this really just anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

The symptoms Im having :

1)soreness/cramp in the centre of chest

2)noticed my veins in my chest area (not bulging or anything just obvious)

3)feels tight around the centre of my chest and stomach like a knot

4)weird prickly cold feeling/sensations (can be anywhere,chest,back,sides,abdomen)

5)back ache and neck/shoulder tension

6)bloated feeling sometimes

7)breathlessness at times

8)dizziness that lasts for a few second

10)occasional weird sensations around my left chest where my heart is.

11)occasional numbness or tingling sensations

12)hair fall (though I have been having the hair fall right after giving birth to my son who is 18 mths old now)

13)racing/negative thoughts about having a illness and dying

When for check up and blood tests came out fine and urine and thyroid is fine too..5 ecgs all came normal..blood pressure heart rate normal too..numerous docs listened to my heart and lungs and they all say it's clear and strong

I'm 23..any opinions and comment will be appreciated.

Will love to hear experiences from fellow anxiety sufferers and the symptoms.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm suffering from most of the symptoms that you are. I've also had doctors listen to me chest, that was fine, blood pressure fine, thyroid function fine. But I'm the same, I can't stop worrying/panicking that it's more that anxiety which I'm sure just makes the symptoms worse xxx
    • Posted

Ya I agree..that's why it sucks the life out of us cause it makes us more anxious and worried. .sometimes I just don't know what else to do..I'm 23 with a young son..I wanna be healthy and energetic for my son..
  • Posted

I can relate to your post so much.. 

Yes these are all very common signs of anxiety. Its very distressing how they mimic more serious and sometimes even fatal conditions. The heart related ones are the most scary and real  sad

Please believe what the doctors have told you.. if multiple ones have said you are healthy then you are. 

I have convinced myself that the doctors have missed things and a heart attack is looming. I'm only 21 and my panic attacks tend to affect me most at night, my heart goes crazy and chest feels like its being punched. Its caused me completely sleepless nights and I have gone to A&E numerous times to be told everything is fine.

I google symtoms all the time which has become distructive to my recovery. This has been happening for 6 months now and started because of a tramatic event. My chest is completely raw after the hell my mind has put me through reliving the trauma. 

It can feel so lonely having anxiety when your mind is racing a hundred miles an hour but many people suffer with this and it will get better.

Propranolol and CBT help alot. 

• Posted

Stress, and the more you learn and read up about it,the less it will worry you.

It makes you less of the person you are but you can outsmart it by knowing it and seeing it for what it is an intruder in your life.

For 3 years l had many of the same symptoms my Dr gave me pills but told me nothing of my illness. I read every book on stress/panic/anxiety that l could and whilst l was reading and researching l realised l could cope with these feelings because that is what they are just feelings,if the test results come back good.

I know it feels real and your head is filled with thoughts that are dark and negative,but they they are just thoughts and have no real substance or use, try and ignore them,

You will get through this, stay strong

Best wishes to you G

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.