Is this really just Anxiety? DP/DR?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I dot really know where to start as I find it very hard to explain because everytime I do I fear I've not explained it correctly (beacuse it never sounds as terrible as it really feels) and I get worried somethings really being missed. I've been suffering for quite some time now (nearly 2 years but have had episodes in the past) but the last few months have been utter hell and I'm constanly petrifed that something is being missed and its something really serious. 

From the moment I wake in the morning I feel like I dont know who I am. I feel so strange in my own body like I've just been placed here 5 minutes ago and I dont know who, What or where I am. It's like im experiencing life/being a person for the first time and nothing feels right or 'normal'. I feel like ive gotten so deep into it and struggling to find a way out or accept that anxiety/depression can cause this feeling to be so bad 24/7. I wonder if I'm even real/here or if ive been here before (deep down I knoe i have but it jsut doesnt feel right). Ive gone from driving everywhere, working full time and university to being practically house bound and constantly scared. I keep panicking that I have a brain tumour, in a coma somewhere or have gone completly crazy. I feel like I cant remember what 'normal' feels like so Im scared that I cant tell the diffrence between whether i'm really ill or if its still just dp/dr feelings. I'm not getting any let up from it and just wondered if anyone can relate.

Many Thanks xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I feel exactly the same I'm so glad I have read this knowing someone else feels like me as it scares me also I hate it it's ruining my life also I'm also like you used to drive everywhere take my kids on holiday and places and now I crnt drive I don't like going out of my house I get all anxious thinking about it,,,do u take medication?

• Posted

That is a symptom of anxiety if u had a brain tumor u would have severe migraines seizures ect.... Google dr/pr and u will see it's all the same symptoms u have

• Posted

If you are not on an antidepressant I'd highly recommend sertraline, it's very well tolerated and will combat this problem.

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies. I have to go out this afternoon and all I keep thinking/feeling is how can I go out feeling like this if im not real or a person (i feel so crazy to say that) its like im doing everything for the first time and nothing feels right.

I have an appointment in 2 weeks to discuss medication options. Ive been passed from pillar to post with the drs and not really got anywhere...just around in circles x

• Posted

It's important to face this head on luv. Make little steps, go to places you are familiar with, say the corner store, make a point of going once a day until the fear disappears, then move on to the next place and possibly a crowd eventually and most importantly don't try to fight it too much. The more you try to fight it the more problematic it becomes. It's a very scary feeling but with proper medication and determination you will overcome it. You need to keep telling yourself anxiety is not going to control me God damn it, you are going to control it and if it does not like it , it can just f$#k off. Be stronger than it x

• Posted

Hi

I have derealization and dp for 20 years. I Know something happened to my brain at time extreme anxiety over a month no let up. My brain changed. I became distant from my past life experiences. Recently (last few years) I'm remembering things and feeling closer to memories but think will still take long time for dp/dr to go if at all.

I think the key is relaxation and meditation techniques and just saying how u feel.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi!

I feel almost exactly the same. I've been feeling this way for a year now. It's ruining my life and I'm hoping to find a cure for it, if there's any. How has it been for you?

• Posted

Have you got any better? Im going through the same thing, I feel a lot of other weird things too,  like ears cracking sound, air pressure in my head, back and neck pain, etc. Im not minding these symptoms but this s**t so annoying, I’ve been having it for like 3 months straight..  I felt this way a couple times before, but now it got really bad and it does not go away, the only time I feel better is when im in bed sleeping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.