Is this reflux related ????

Posted , 3 users are following.

Most times after i have eaten I feel very bloated and then keep swallowing air to try to burp but I'm also experiencing shortness of breatg it's like I can't take a deep breath and it's driving me mad as happening on a daily basis now !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes if you have acid in your esophagus, it can get in your lungs and affect your breathing. I recall that for many months before i knew i had reflux, i was having breathing symptoms that I convinced myself were due to allergies. Wrong!!!
    • Posted

Thank God I thought it was in my mind !!! Do you still suffer sob now or are you taking medication ??

I think I may need to make an appointment and get it checked as occuring more and more 😕

• Posted

I have been taking PPIs for  a year, have things under much better control 
    • Posted

Aahhh I'm glad , well hopefully my doctor will recommend something then ...thank you for replying 😆

• Posted

I had really bad GERD that eventually turned into Barrett's.  I had very similar symptoms, the feeling like you can't breathe can be very scary.  You may have a hiatal hernia as well which can cause those feelings.

• Posted

What's Barrets ?? Yes it can be scary but think once I know what it is I will be fine with it mainly relieved 😆

Hope your better now 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.