is this sciatic?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past few days i have been having pain in my left leg. Most times it is my whole leg but at times i can feel it in the middle of my leg. It also comes up my thigh and into my toes. I would describe it as an achy feeling mostly, but it can be quite painful. I wanna mention also that my lower back has been bothering me, and also my neck. My leg is deff the worse tho. When i lay down or sit it seems to be worse then if im standing or walking around. Anyones input or advice would be great! Ty

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I find my sciatica is a sharp burning pain down the whole of my leg, but I am no expeert, so yours could be sciatica too. 

I have a very painful lower back, and it is the compression of the sciatic nerve enamating from your buttocks that causes sciatica.  I have learnt to live with it.  Just in one leg, and I do exercises shown to me by physiotherapist at the hospital.  Mine eases when I lie down, but sitting is painful.  Walking helps ease it a bit.

I think we are all different where sciatica is concerned.  I can only give you my personal experience. 

• Posted

Im gonna go to the doctors today. Its becoming unbearable where i can barely stand without pain. Sitting is worse for me. Thank you so much for responding and sharing your experience with me.
    • Posted

I am so glad you went to the doctor.  Please let me know what he said.  I am really interested.

I am hobbling around today.

• Posted

The doctor ran a few diff tests. Ruled out any chance of it being a blood clot thankfully. But he said he believes i have a bad pinched nerve, and it could possibly be my sciatic nerve but he would have to send me elsewhere to deff verify that is. I was given muscle relaxers and am gonna get them today and see if they're any help.
    • Posted

It is good that your doctor is referring you to a specalist at the hospital.  I do help the medication he prescribed helps with your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.