Is this something I should get checked out

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having syptoms of perimenopause, FSH levels raised, hot sweats, flashes, head feels in a fog anxiety but i have this other symptoms that is really really scary and not sure if its connected to meno or if i need to get it checked. I keep having horrible visions in my head, things i am really frightened of like snakes and spiders, i cant get them out my head and its horrible. I googled and i dont see any other ladies having this its really scary.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get this. Im suffering a lot with the mental as well as the physical aspects of peri. I get thoughts going over and over in my head that can sometimes last for weeks at a time. It scares me also. Frightened to tell anyone in case they think ive got some mental illness or something! !!!

Not sure if its related to anxiety and depression ive been having in perimenopause and just being so unsure if whats going on with this horrible roller coaster ride ive been on for the past eight years.

Sorry I couldn't offer any advice but im sure someone will be able to.

Its is very unnerving though.

X

• Posted

thanks michelle i am actually very frightened, the images are things i am so scared of, sometimes they are in my dreams but mostly while i am awake. They trigger anxiety in my tummy like little butterflies. I am scared i am going mad, sometimes i feel like I have MS i walk about drunk my head feels horrible too. My doctor says i do have a mental illness and is refering me to psychiatrist...i dont hear anyone else who has "images" only thoughts.
    • Posted

Your doctor says you have a mental illness did he say what?

Im not sure what to make of it but I would be very interested to hear what other ladies think of this.

Hope you have a good day despite all these symptoms

X

• Posted

And yes I get the drunk feeling too. Peri symptom I believe x
  • Posted

Something I've not heard of, but it might be as a result of stress over your physical symptoms.

It is a real bugbear of mine that GP's happily hand out anti-depressives to menopausal women when, if they got to the bottom of the physical miseries and sorted those out, the stress, anxiety, (your visions) and depression would probably all fade away.

It's easy to say 'don't worry' when you are not going through it. But TRY not to worry, be gentle with yourself. Try some breathing exercises - concentrating on your breathing and nothing else has a surprising effect on heart-rate, BP and general well being. Not to mention an increase of oxygen to the bloodstream, very calming. Best wishes.

• Posted

Yes I agree it being due to overwhelming physical symptoms. I too was given a low dose AD mirtazapine. It did help me sleep and take the edge off slightly but not much for the anxiety and depression.

Ive been going through this for eight years now.

I think maybe our brain just doesn't know how to cope... hence the thoughts and images. I dont know im not an expert on these things.

I keep trying to rationalise how I feel and that makes it worse.

On the really bad days I convince myself it cant just be menopause.... Can it?

I never knew it could affect us so bad.

I think the longer we suffer the worse it gets. This too shall pass!!!!

Have a good day ladies

God bless xx

• Posted

I keep thiniking i have some horrible illness. I spoke a few weeks ago on here and told the ladies i have peridontal disease, some of my teeth are leaking like puss into my mouth...i worry this is causing the images. I have been back to dentist ...two dentists actually and they just say they cant see any puss and i must keep on cleaning my teeth. I can taste if i am swollowing it, and these images started when my teeth started playing up...but then so did the perimenopause!!!! I am really scared what is happening to me because i dont know if its all hormones or some of it some bad bacteria in my teeth . Yes doctor just puts everything down to "anxiety" and i need a psychiatrist. I think they want me on psychotic pills for this. So worried
    • Posted

I too have peri disease with puss. Have had for years. Ive lost lots of teeth because of it and defo worse in peri.

I think we tend to over think things in perimenopause.

I would advise you to get some corsodyl mouthwash for gingivitis. It doesn't taste very nice but it really helps. Get urself an electric toothbrush if you don't have one already. Ive spent a fortune on dentsl bills .

I believe that well for me anyway I try and find something concrete that is causing my symptoms but it is just hormonal.

I have to saysive always had health anxiety about mental illness but it sure has esculated in peri.

Health anxiety is another symptom of peri.

X

• Posted

have you ever had anything like hallucinations with the puss ? i am not sure if the dental toxins are poisoning me or if its perimenopause
    • Posted

No not had hallucinations but it can make you feel pretty crappy if infection is present.

Maybe you have just got it un ur head its the puss causing it. Sometimes in peri we can obsess over things.

Ive had periodontal disease for years and do have some dentures but as bobbigirl has said sometimes iys our sinus which can also act up in peri x

• Posted

Can I also just add that feeling like your going mad can also be a peri thing
    • Posted

I am so scared the infection/peridontal disease has gone to my brain. I see bugs and snakes in my head, i feel pretty awful. It sounds mental i know. I am so scared this dental thing has gone all over my body...it feels that way. There are some nasty bugs in those periodotnal pockets
    • Posted

Michelle please could i ask you some more about your peridontal disease if you dont mind? Do you have deep pockets ? Do you have bone loss ? Do you feel poorly after any extractions ? And do you find that as soon as you treat one tooth it just moves to the next ? thank you ..anything you can add much appreicated
    • Posted

Yrs I have pockets and bone loss. I have lost at least ten terth. As one gets taken out it spreads to another one.

Ive had tjis for many years so kinda used to it now tbh.

Only thing is the costly dental bills.

One thing is.

that works for me is corsodyl mouthwash as I mentioned before.

I always feel poorly after an extraction but im dental phobic and hate the injections.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

thank you michelle...could i ask  how do you know when they need extracting please ?
    • Posted

When they get constant infection and swell and cause pain. Or it just gets into the bone and they become loose. Apparently it can run in families. My nan and dad both had dentures in their forties. Try not to stress about it too much. X
    • Posted

thanks michelle....think maybe i should have this one out that is leaking this puss....makes me think its that causing my wierd head symptoms. thnkx
    • Posted

Hi hun

JusT wanted to check in on you to see how you are doing

Did you get your teeth sorted.

Are you feeling any better with regards your hallucinations?

Really hope you arein a better place with this peri stuff.

X

• Posted

Hi Michelle50768   thank you for thinking of me. No things are pretty terrible to be honest. No improvement with the images in my head, awful. I feel sure its related to my teeth now...i have had another extraction but I still have infection in the whole of my mouth with the periodontal disease. My doctor says i am going to be poorly for a very long time because they can only take out one tooth at a time (as I am so very poorly). They could give me antibiotics but the infection would probably come right on back as I still have the large pockets on my teeth. As for my perimenopause symptoms...bit confused too, been having sweats for 2 1/2 months then got some light bleeding for two weeks ...with no sweats ??? Now the bleed has finished got the sweats back...is this "normal" ? I have almost forgotten what normal feels like. thank you again for thinking of me   x
    • Posted

Yes irregular bleeding and sweats vrry normal for perimenopause.

I have had periodontal disease most of my life tbh so I know how horrible it can be.

Sorty to hear your visions are still bad.

I still think that a strong dose of antibiotics would help at least clear the infection for a while.

I didn't think dentists would extract

a tooth if it was infected?

I too dont know what it feels like to be normal.

Hope you get better soon.

This too shall pass x

• Posted

In periodontal disease i dont think the teeth are actually infected, its the gums and surrounding tissues/bone/ligaments, eventually the tooth becomes loose and needs to be extracted...so the infection isnt really in the teeth, its in the pockets at the sides. Yes i think i most probably do need antibiotics but they would jepodise the whole of my health because they affect M.E/CFS ..bring it back on....so its what to do. I am having a total nightmare of a time at the moment. Do you know if it is normal with perimenopause to sweat during a little bleed ? thanks michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.