Is this stool normal

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello to everyone.I'm sixteen years old.I don't lose weight and i don't have any pain.I sometimes have poop like this.I gained 5 kilos in three months.I read a lot about chronic pancreatitis and I scared a lot but i don't lose weight or have any pain but I'm very anxious.Have somebody stool like this and is stool like this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I have exactly the same stools. Mine is caused by intestinal malabsorption due to inflammation of intestinal lining. At 16, it's unlikely to be a chronic pancreatic issue, I would make an appointment with a GI to investigate further. You can tell by the bubbles, the color and consistency that you probably have a little issue absorbing fats. It may not be anything of concern but you should still consider consulting a GI.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. And let me ask you how your symptoms turned out. Why do you think I could have a poop like this, since I'm already a little afraid of all that.

• Edited

In my case, they're still investigating but I have yet to get a diagnosis.

Tbh, it could be anything, digestive symptoms are not specific to any particular condition. The best would be to seek medical advice and have tests done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.