is this symptoms of heart related problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm 26 years old sw engineer. I have anxiety disorder but I handle it by understanding it. My Dr. Recommended me medicine for the same but I wont take.

I feel some pain back side of my chest when I take deep breath. Also little sensation in my left hand side but this happens rarely. I do feel chest pain. Tightness in my chest. Is there any serious problem??

Now I'm feeling anxious 😩.

Please help...

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Maksmash it's probably anxiety related ive been having the same problem I have a small upper respiratory infection but my anxiety was making it seem 100 times worse but if I was ou I'd go to hospital and they will give you a quick ecg just to put your mind at rest otherwise the worrying will get worse hope you feel better! X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I would seeYour GP to be on the safe side. If the pain is severe ring NH line 111 it could be anxiety but has you say it happens rarely.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

maksmash, Ive had that same sympton so many times i cant even count,

I know its scary you just need to know that if you have gotten a good bill of health from your doctor then its anxiety and try not to let let your thoughts scare you. Have faith in what your doctor told you and just try to let it go and soon your symptom will fade away.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I expect you have read enough here to understand that heart palpitations are common with anxiety.  That is my main symptom.  Like the others say if you really think there may be something wrong with your heart then it will put your mind at rest if you see your doctor about it..  You will only make your anxiety worse if you are worrying that there is something wrong with your heart.  Best to get it checked out.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry but if you're having those sort of symptoms then you should get them checked out with your GP but that will be a waste of time because you won't take the medication he recommended for anxiety so you probably won't believe him or take anything he prescribes. It's probably to do with your anxiety but on the other hand it may be any number of things, only a visit to the doctor will get you a PROPER diagnosis rather than relying on amateurs on this website.  It's perfectly OK for people to tell of their experiences with the same condition that is being asked about but to prefer a diagnosis from amateurs rather than a qualified doctor isn't a good idea. 

As you suffer from anxiety can I give you a piece of advice?  Don't spend hours reading all about the symptoms of other anxiety sufferers, it will only make you worse.   I have had my share of panic attacks and there's something coming up that I would normally have been anxious about but I stopped reading any of the messages on the Anxiety pages, I made myself look forward to going rather than only thinking of the things that could go wrong and I am sure that not reading about other people's woes has helped me so much more than reading about them getting anxious about so many, usually silly things. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It could be the anxiety - but if you're worried go back to GP. Anxiety can make you feel all kinds of pains - I have bi-polar, depression and anxiety and numerous pains that are probably anxiety related but honestly if you have chest pain see the doctor.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up