Is this the start of of perimenopause or menopause confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

we'll talk about kick you when your down! I'm on the frozen shoulder forum too as have been suffering since March with a frozen shoulder.

im 51 in three weeks so the right age for this stuff, my mum passed away very suddenly 6 months ago and my world turned upside down. I'm struggling with grief and I know that it's now being compounded with this other problem.

Ive been on a period for two weeks and having strong period pains, feel very tired no enthusiasm and very tearful.my hair is thinning and dry and frizzy and by skin is extremely dry.No night sweats but am waking up very hot.

whats happening to me I feel like I'm going mad. HELP! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling.  I know how it feels to not udnerstand what is going on with your body. It sounds to me like the perimenopause.  I too have had pain in my left shoulder for a very long time. Along with long and/or frequent periods.  I've a ton of other symptoms but the ones you describe are consistent with many other women.  I would suggest you research natural hormone replacement therapies.  I know it's tough to get accurate hormone testing in some locations but if you can safely take natural supplements, it may help.  I have found mexican wild yam and chelate magnesium to be a huge help. For instance, less than 3 months ago,  I couldn't sit at my computer for more than 10 minutes without excruciating pain in my legs, neck (oh the neck) and my back. Now, I can sit for much longer periods, my arm doesn't feel awful every day. There are some days when it's painful to sleep on and I am still stiff when I stand, but not nearly as bad and not as often. My joints are less stiff and achy. So if you can, get blood work done to check your vitamin deficiencies, remember to get magnesium checked - it is not automatic - and see if you can take natural supplements like wild yam.  These  two things have helped me and others I know.  Krill oil (like fish oil but supposedly better) is good for dry skin and hair.  I am allergic to penicillin and have had scaly legs since I was a child. After starting on krill oil, my legs are so smooth. I suffered from acne always.  I couldn't sleep in makeup or the next day I paid for it.  I haven't had a breakout in months.  I even tested it by sleeping in makeup. Woke up just fine. Don't discount the vitamins and don't give up.
  • Posted

I am a few years behind you...just started on this perimenopause I think...Im trying to keep a stressful job down but find that I have these bouts of emotion, hot flushes at night and when I drink hot drinks in the morning..some days I feel that I am going mad...goodness what work think..I have tried to explain..but it falls on deaf ears. I have just bought a book 'The Natural Menopause Plan' by Maryon Stewart. I have started eating loads of seeds - pumpkin sunflower almonds soya beans and chickpeas and I dont know yet whether it makes any difference!  Im eating loads of fish too! Im no expert merely a novice on playing the menopause game I know that its horrible and Im wondering what I shall become in ten years time..Im scared of that. Pleased though that I found this site.  It is good to talk.
  • Posted

Dear Sara, welcome to the "M Club". Technically you're peri. You'd benefit highly by taking the natural progesterone magic pill. Please book an appointment with a good gyno and choose bioidentical and transdermal HRT. exception for the oral progesterone. You'll feel a lot better. 

Meanwhile get hold of some epsom salts and enjoy.

Of couse grief is grief... there are lots of comfy shoulders here! 

• Posted

Are you taking any HRTs the hair thinning could be a side effect of that, and the dry skin, or it could be your thyroid is low. I deal with very dry and red and burning hands 

If you are on HRT it could be side effects of the pill talk to your doctor about this

• Posted

Hi Sara, my condolences to you on the passing of your mum. Grief is very strong, can be overwhelming & with perimenopause you'd be in a turmoil of feelings & emotions. Being part of this forum with all the lovely ladies will give you lots of comfort & good advice, as I've found...I've bleated n ranted several times LoL I have achy joints especially my hips, my hair isn't the same, had weird hot feelings etc & I've had all sorts of yukky frustrating n 'WT...?' symptoms. Do talk to your Dr about how you're feeling, maybe soothing natural supplements, hope you don't mind me suggesting but would grief counselling be helpful? Sending you a hug, take care n take each day as it comes. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words bobbin, I've been without internet for 4 days so haven't been able to reply.

im on a waiting list for some counselling I just can't believe it's happened, my lovely mum gone forever, and this hideous menopause rubbish to deal with.

iam all over the place at the moment, but it's good know your not totally lalone .saw Dr today blood tests tomorrow and an ultrasound just to rule fibroids out I think in week three now of bleeding definitely would rather go down the healthy route though hate taking medication.

thanks again bobbin keep in touch.😌

• Posted

Hi Sara, popping in to say hi, I won't say how are you?  because no doubt  you're not feeling like a box of sunshine, is very sad n hard losing someone lovely n special. Just wanted to say, thinking of you, you have lots of support here.

"Let grief be your guide & memories the keeper of the past" 

I've also written a couple of poems for those who've lost loved ones, writing was a new found hobby I started years ago...the many & varied things I have penned LoL Take Care, keep well xo

• Posted

Lovely words Bobbin! Thank you, would love to read one of your poems, mum loved poetry. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.