Is this tmj disorder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been having odd symptoms that may be tmj but im not sure. It started with the temples being tender and sore especially when touching them. My cheeks also get numb and i feel pressure if i press on them. ive had facial numbness and sometimes my nose feels tingly. Sometimes i get pain on the sides of my head. ive had pain behind my eyes and i have occasional ringing in the ears with ear pain. I hear clicking sounds if i open my mouth wide and my right ear is currently throbbing and feels like theres built up wax. ive also had chronic hoarse voice in the morning for a couple months and the back of my throat looks irritated. one doctor said it sounded like silent reflux because of the throat. i was also told some of the symptoms sounded like tmj. And then i was told my facial symptoms were sinusitis. im confused at this point and i dont believe i have all of those...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I know this post has been here for a while, but some of the things you're experiencing are happening with me too. I have pain in my right temple, intermittent tingling on my bottom lip, and sometimes other spots on my face, my ear is itchy and feels clogged at times, pain in the back of my head and shooting pain at times in my face, and clicking when I open my mouth, but on the left side. It's so weird. My newest symptom is my tongue has been twitching on and off for the last several days, and my sinuses burn and ache. I went to an oral surgeon, had an MRI of my neck and jaw, been checked for MS, had blood work done, and seen a neurologist who wanted to do an EMG, but I never had it because my medical bills are getting expensive. I keep praying that the symptoms will go away, but after a year, sadly I think they're here to stay. Just wanted to see if you've found anything to help or had any tests done that showed anything? I'll take any advice I can get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.