Is this what it feels like to be happy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've taken six seven eight, maybe eight tramadol. I'm so high. I don't feel any pain and I don't care about anything anymore, I just wondered is this what happiness feels like?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Nick, if you think happiness is about nothingness then so be it, but I believe happiness is when you find your inner ability to feel a balance between pain and no pain. If your pain is medical, then you have to give it time to heal. If your pain is pshychological then you also have to give it time to heal. Drugs are good for taking the edge of things in the short-run of events but all they do is dulling what is stirring beneath. However - they give a short and welcomed respite that doesn't go amiss. Use that respite to recompose yourself and give yourself time to find other ways of coping. It is all within you...
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sorry Tancam

Iwas stupid. I'm sorry. I guess everything off isn't hapiness physically and mentally. I know it isn't. There's no endorphins running through me. I just seem alot lessof a irritable a*seache of a human. Hope you are ok today. And everyone on forum. Nick.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Nick - There is nothing stupid about expressing yourself. Just remember that tomorrow could be a better day.. and, if not tomorrow, so the day after...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi nick34171

First of all please don't take that much tramadol, unless of course it's been prescribed to you by your doctor, which is highly unlikely. This meds are not meant to make you happy.

I believe that all people at some point in their lives had experience genuine happiness that they can all remember. So think back for a while and reminisce a happy moment, then reflect on that moment. How did you feel? I'm pretty sure it's much different from taking 8 tramadol.

Now, I know that pain is troublesome and it provides this overwhelming sense of sadness, however, we are free people. Pain should never be able to restrict that. You may be in pain but that doesn't take your ability and your right to be happy away from you. 

After reflecting on the things that made you happy before, think now on how you may feel that way again. It may not be the same act as before but happiness is an emotion and we can feel it through many ways. I hope this was able to provide some help. Keep smiling, somebody love you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No, I think happiness is when you feel satisfied in a sober state of mind. After a good workout, after helping family or a friend, or accomplishing a goal.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up