Is this withdrawal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone as i said last week ive got down to 10 mg for a week now and the eye problem is getting worse also nightmares are constant.The reason ime writing this at 5 am is ive just had what i can only describe as some kind of fit my hole body shaking uncontrolably .Iam terrified and dont know what to do can any or all of this be withdrawal or should i go to a and e again.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Nightmares are definitely a withdrawal effect. If you feel you've had a seizure, you should definitely seek medical attention. I've read elsewhere that antideps can trigger seizures.

They can also make your blood pressure drop really suddenly, I ve passed out before.

Get yourself checked out x

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply dont know if i should go back up in dose what do you think?

• Posted

Hi Steve, only just saw this. What did you decide? I would be inclined to hold out at 10mg and just ride the waves, to be honest. Although am wondering how many mg you dropped to land at 10?

I ask because years ago, I was on 20 and cut to 10, big drop and I was unstable for about 4 months, but it did level out.

• Posted

hi steve, i have been trying to get stable on 6mg for 6 months i updosed from 4mg far too late so the updose didnt work, im staying on this dose until im stable, its hell but getting windows

• Posted

Hi Ruth

thanks for replying i really appreciate the contact .....i am sticking at 10 for now having dropped from 20 to 10 over the last couple of months by going through 15 .... my nightmares have got considerably worse and my anxiety is pretty high, went to the opticians yesterday and had a complete eye health check and he cant see anything wrong with my eyes apart from dryness and he said that he regularly sees people on anti depressants ..... i agree with you and I think i am gonna stick at 10 and see how i go

I really hope you are doing well

thanks again

steve

• Posted

hi toria

thanks for replying i really appreciate you taking the time ..... i think i am going to stick at 10 and see how i go for now

im sorry your going through it at the moment but hope it soon levels out, are you experiencing the horrible nightmares or is that one thing you havent had

thanks again

steve

• Posted

hi steve, no worries i know what its like when you want answers, ive had so many symptoms its unbelievable! and yes i get the nightmares, sometimes even when i just feel like im only dozing at night, its like every thought is a fear, but i dont get them everynight now thankfully, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

• Posted

Hi Steve, I think you are right to stick to the 10mg, dose changes can cause other temporary side effects, I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Steve, am doing okay although knackered, and battling off colds. But am in a totally different place mentally to where I was back in August.

Honestly, I think sticking at 10 for a good long time is probably the best option. Gotta let the nervous system settle. When the days start getting lighter again, you can see how you feel.

I know for sure that this time around, am gonna stabilise for a good while.

Antidepressants can def affect eyes. Sometimes mine are really blurry and the drugs do cause eye dryness, my contact lenses feel a bit more scratchy.

The nightmares are horrible. I've had some periods of crazy dreaming, really jumbled and incoherent. I know this is antidep related because last year, when I had dropped to 2.5, I wasn't having this at all. So, they will go. Its just such a bugger settling and resettling on these things.

Sending you good wishes for recovery 😊

• Posted

Hi Steve, I am with Ruth with everything she has said, get yourself checked for peace of mind. I am in withdrawal too and have been signed off work last month and the next month to get through it as went cold turkey (not recommended at all) so can empathise with your struggles. Our brain and nervous systems are trying to adjust, and we will get all sorts of strange symptoms. what I am finding at the moment is if I get stressed over anythings my symptoms get worse,almost feels like I am going backwards with recovery. For me to get myself through this I try and stay as relaxed as I can, and if people or my family start to get to me (happens alot at the moment) I take time out. I have good and bad days. Those dreams are normal unfortunately, I also twitch and jerk in bed at times., plus I wake up feeling like there was a loud bang., that is worse at the moment and have read about it. as hard as all this is, try to accept you will have bad symptoms and the best news of all you will recover from this. I know its hard and easier said than done but try not to panic as will make things worse. I have been in withdrawal since Oct 2017 from medication, Its been easily one of the worst years of my life but am determind to get to the end of this and the windows keep me strong. (windows and waves of withdrawal worth reading up on it) keep strong

• Posted

hi thankyou for your reply do you think i should go back up a bit in dose?Or try to ride it out.If you dont mind me asking are you withdrawing from cit and how much were you on and for how long?Sorry to sound nosy

• Posted

Hi Steve, definitely ride it out, if you change doses whether going up or down, that could add to your side effects. I was on Cita this time round for about 3.5 years, 30mg, then went to 20mg after tapering for two months last December. Started tapering from September this year, and had such a severe reaction for a few months due to a few things, then went cold turkey over a month ago after being rushed into hospital for a suspected stroke. I am a hemiplegic Migraine sufferer too. so I wouldnt use what happened to me as guidance.

if I could have done I would have tapered slowly, thats the best and quickest way to get off them. for me other health problems got in the way.

• Posted

Hi Steve,

i weaned myself off anti depressants for the third time NOV 2017 so over a year now and despite issues with my daughter am doing really well!

WHENEVER you go up or down on these meds there are significant side effects.I USED to have that terrible trembling and shaking thought i was having a seizure or a fit. LET me stress that it is best to wean yourself off very very slowly. You would have been better dropping from 20 mg to 15mg,20 -10 mg is too much.ANYWAY i suggest stay on 10mg now until you level out and start to feel better.THEN if you want to wean off go down to 5mg for a few weeks or even a couple of months. THEN DROP to 2 and a half again for two months.IF you dont do it slowly you will spin out.

THE thing that got me to the level im at now is cognitive behavior thinking . i now no longer catastrophise over everything.I THINK more rationally and positively.ITS not the situation or horrid symptoms that perpetuate the anxiety it is the way you think or perceive whats happening to your body.

TAKE DEEP BREATHS and slow your breathing right down.Imagine yourself sitting in a chair looking at yourself in your bed trembling and shaking ,smile and say to yourself ,IM going to ride this attack and go with the flow,refuse to be afraid of it! FIGHTING it will make it ten times worse. KEEP making positive affirmations, like im strong i can get through this!

FEAR makes it worse try not to fight it ,it will pass. WHEN i stopped fearing it it went away!

TALK TO ME ANY TIME . ALWAYS here toHELP.

• Posted

hi Felis

thank you so much for your reply and i hope you are feeling much better now, i did go to 15 from 20 for about 6 weeks, maybe even this was too quick ??

was your trembling mainly when you laid down to sleep as i am finding myself having to start takiing sleeping tablets again which i dont want to do as i cant sleep because of the trembling etc as you have described., i am also having the most terrible nightmares again which stop me from sleeping, it would be nice to know if these go in time and i do just have to ride the storm ...

thanks again for your time

steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.