Isolation

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi there. I've been suffering with anxiety and depression for a year and a half now. About 9 months ago I dropped out of school. I'm 18 and I spend all day in bed I have no motivation to do anything. All my friends stopped talking to me and I haven't really talked to anyone for 9 months now. I spent my 18th birthday alone. I just want to kill myself. I have no one. Please help me.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ross Sorry you are feeling so low and anxious. I too suffer from these things too from time to time. Do you have a relative or friend you can talk with who would understand and support you? It"s worth going to the drs too, as they may be able to help.

I am a committed Christian and find comfort that Jesus loves me very much and He understands us completely. Jesus cares and loves you too, Ross, and you can talk to Him anytime, He loves to hear our prayers. Is there a church near where you live? Perhaps you could talk to the minister there.

I'm praying God will draw close to you and you will know His comfort.

Beth

• Posted

Hey there... I'm 18 too and about two months ago I also dropped out of school. I'm in a clinic right now and doing therapy here and I really think you should do the same.. Try to find the best clinic around and go there and give it a try. I've had a lot to do with suicidal thoughts, even today. I know that when you're there it's so hard to see glimmers of hope for things ever getting better. I know... And yet, we don't know. It hit me today again, how much we tell ouselves and believe to be true: I'll never find anyone or even I may never find anyone, we are limiting ourselves and yet I know there is comfort in that. I'm having difficulties with it for sure. I am confused. But still. I haven't tried everything there is out there. But is there a limit? I don't think so. And as long as there's no limit, I know it's hard, but shouldn't we try to try? Maybe...it will be better than we've imagined. You can talk to me anytime you want to 😃 I myself don't have many people to talk to really, I often e-mail the Samaritans. You could also do that too, they are nice and writing them helped me survive through some hard days. Their e-mail adress is: jo@samaritans.org . You can also private message me and we could talk further if you'd want to ^^ I'm sure there are many things to you apart from your depression and anxiety 😃 Take care

• Posted

Hi Ross06926

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Ross - Sorry to read you are suffering. Why on earth have you not sought help? Was there not a counsellor you could have approached at school? Where were your parents? What you are describing is serious and it will not disappear of it's own accord.

First an appointment with your doctor. If you don't have one, find one. Explain what has been happening. Take a list with you if it helps - keeping a journal detailing your agony will help you enormously, and the doc can read it. Medications may be prescribed. They will take 3-6 weeks to work. You will experience discomfort as the meds take effect - it will pass. Meds may be altered or dosages tweaked depending on your need. There is no one-size-fits-all with depression. It's important to follow the docs advice when taking the meds, being open with him, and not dropping the process just because you feel better. Meds will correct the imbalance of chemicals - serotonin, dopamine - in the brain. If there are childhood abuses, or the depression is the result of a trauma, psychological help can be yours with a referral from your doctor. Alternatively, a counsellor or therapist will suffice. There you will have a safe place to dump the junk. You will learn how to spot triggers to your depression and coping skills to deal with it. Knowledge is power, it's an opportunity learn about yourself.

Depression is an invisible wound and it needs attendance no less than does a broken leg. The help will not find you, you must find it. It feels hopeless, troublesome, scary, crippling, but you must reach down inside and compel yourself to act. We are talking about your future here, and you are young. It's wise to face the demon and understand it.

You cannot think, dream or wish your way out of it. Advice to pray to some god is thoroughly irresponsible and is little more than proselytising for a business that has many shattered victims reaching for the very help you require. This is a human condition that requires hands on human expertise. Go for it - you'll be the stronger and wiser for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.