Issue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

So basically a couple days ago, I was at an outdoor event which required a lot of walking. It was very hot, like extremely hot. I was wearing jeans, and I began sweating very much, the even was an entire day - and I had sweat a lot. Near the end of the day on my way home, the tip of my penis had been itchy - (uncircumcised) - I normally do sweat a lot down there and thought it would go away after a shower. But the itchiness is still there, its not on the head but rather the skin on the tip of it. I don't notice any discolouration, swelling, or smell - it is just itchy. I am going to take a Dettol bath as I researched it may help. I also purchased some probiotics because I do take a lot of medications, I think my bacteria is out of whack. Further, any insightful advice could be helpful. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

For the sweating, you need to find the right clothing that takes the sweat away from the skin surface.  Sports activity shorts are excellent for this, as is walking / hiking trousers.  You need to think of the temperature you will be experiencing, your level of fitness and therefore the clothing you need to wear.  Are you regularly active, do sports, gym workouts that kind of thing?  For anyone who is active, clothing such as jeans is about the worst for holding sweat.  Clothing that keeps your temperature at a good level, instead of increasing it is what is also required.  If you are going to be doing activity such as this regularly you need the right clothing.

Mentioning probiotics and bacteria is also interesting.  There are 'good guy' bacteria naturally present on the head / glans and foreskin of the penis - exposing the head and foreskin to the majority of soaps, shower gels and other stuff that ends up down there when you are taking a bath or shower, such as hair shampoo kills this good bacteria.  This is likely what caused the itchiness!

I would suggest you get in the habit of washing the head and foreskin with water ONLY - when showering or taking a bath draw the foreskin as far forward as possible to protect it from any chemicals in gels, soaps, shampoos etc.  After masturbation or sex ensure you remove any wetness from the end of your penis AND make sure you are 100% dry.  The right kind of penile hygiene is a good habit to get into, protects the good bacteria, and eliminates itchiness .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.