Issues after y gallbladder surgery.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just had my gallbladder removed on the 31st of May 2018. Issues I have been having since are, diarrhea, nausea, and my stomach constantly rumbling. At times I want to eat but scare that if I eat, I will be p creating problems of discomfort. Any thoughts or comments? Oh, I will be seeing my doctor for post op on the 18th of June. Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry u have to go through that my fiance had his out and same problems stay away from greasey foods and dairy for 6 months he had nothing but pain and cramps discomfort til the dr said dont eat these things and he ate light stuff after 6 months nausea went away completely he slowly started bringing things back imto his life and has had no problems every once in a while he gets nauseous but passes hope u heal well

• Posted

Hi. Mine came out the 25 of May 2018. I still have rumblings and gas. Eat small meals when your hungry. Light to start and then when you see how that sets you can then start adding a bit more of what your used to. Hold off of spicy, sweet, and greasy stuff for a while it can upset your stomach. I hope you get better every day.
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder surgery on June 1 2018. I have had severe constipation . I was constapatied before I even had my surgery. I had been taking miralax. I had to go to the ER after my release from the hospital and they finally gave me an enimia. WOW what a relief. They had me up my miralax to twice a day. I can’t have a bm with out the miralax. Yesterday I didn’t have a bm at all. I was real gassy. I have a feeling good I ate was the reason for the gassy problem is. All I ever hear about is people dealing with diraeha. Anyone have severe constipation?
  • Posted

Eat small amounts little and often. Try with little amounts of fats and then slowly build it up. I was told i would always have to watch what I eat from now on. Still get nausea a lot 9 months later but it’s better than the pain from before the surgery. Try eating things with plenty fibre in it to absorb the excess bile that’s constantly dripping through now. And try to remember it takes a good 6 months for your body to heal and get used to no longer having a gallbladder xx
    • Posted

Thank you for the information. My nausea has pretty much subsided. I’ve noticed that most everyone has a problem with diearea . I’m the extreme total opposite. I had to go to the ER for an enimia because I’m so consipated. I’m taking 2 doses of mirilax twice a day in order to have a bm. Of course it’s all watery no stools. I have started adding more fiber in my diet. I seem to be unable to have a bm without the use of mirilax. If I have an appointment or am going to church I hold off on taking mirilax until I’m sure I don’t have to go anywhere. I had been dealing with constipation for sometime prior to my surgery I ate a low fat diet already prior with an occasional chip spree. Your message was very helpful, thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.