It does get better...

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few weeks ago I joined this group forum as an outlet for my worries and anxiety. A few very lovely people helped by just being there but enough was enough. I had had enough of the general anxiety issues I was suffering from. It was really getting me down, to the point I just didn't want to even get out of bed anymore. To make matters worse, I lost a job offer I had my heart set on as well due to my mental health well-being - something I'm now seeking legal advice on!

I visited my GP and had a discussion about my health and well being. It was the best move I could have made. I was prescribed Fluoxetine alongside my Propranolol, and I self referred myself for "self help CBT". I'm still waiting on my start date for this however.

I couldn't be more relieved that things are starting to get better. I'm enjoying life again, smiling more and enjoying being with friends and family. I still feel a bit down every now and then with my nervous bouts at times. Overall I feel so much better though. Things are getting better. I've also cut out all the negative influences around me, joined the gym and I'm still attending my evening class.

I just wanted to share a little update with you guys, hopefully others can find a way through their anxiety also. It will get better.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Its good to know to know someone is moving on in there life with anxiety. I just visited the doctors today so I hope it turns out as well as yours!

Keep up the good work!

Phil x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I got so sick of it controlling everything I was doing. I'm taking my life back now. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon as well. I would never wish this upon anyone.

It's nice to sort of meet you also!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Great news Kirsty. Hope everything goes well for you too Phil .

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm so glad your n a better place now kirsty and i hope it continues. I'm pretty much in the same place but on venlafaxine and propranolol and its done me wonders.

Best wishes

Danielle x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good luck everyone!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up