It gets better

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am just under six months and my body has begun to feel much better, thank God! I have more energy, but equally as important, my digestion is seemingly almost back to normal. I’ll pray for all of you. I did go on a low dose of amitriptyline and ativan at bed, but I'm unsure if that’s what did it or it was just the time it took to heal or faith in God. i believe it was the faith.

I just wanted to write this and let you know that it will get better!

I leaned on this website for quite some time. Thank you so much for all of you being there.

Best

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

its a yr since my removal and i still have issues especially developing IBS and bad acid reflux and it hasnt left me, i cant eat fats or the bad ones nor too much or else i will pay the price. its a nightmare and am really trying to stay positive and try to live life with these problems, i really hope these go away.

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having some issues. I do get some heartburn fairly easily. God bless.

• Posted

hi there ! so glad to hear someone is feeling better after having this vital organ out ! i am 5 months post op! ive been really good with my diet but ive lost so much weight i look ill ! ive prayed to get better for my familys sake so pray for me too please yesterday was a very rough day ! my husband had a suspicious lump removed had already cancer of the bladder which hes got camera job monday i need to be there and to feel better to give my support all the best .

• Posted

Consider yourself prayed for. We will also pray for your husband. God bless.

• Posted

Thank you for your encouraging post.

I too have faith and believe in the power of prayer. it's what's got me through these past months of feeling ill and anxious.

I'm 4 months post op and have begun to see some progress and reading your post I just know I'll be completely well again. I just need patience.

• Posted

I have had severe anxiety since my surgery 10 days ago. I started taking Zoloft again after not needing it for years. I also can't sleep well at night, a few hours at best. And tonight I had night sweats for the first time. The Zoloft has helped but I still feel the adrenaline-anxiety, restlessness. I've read alot in forums and Facebook groups about similar experiences and I too am discouraged thinking it may be weeks to months to resolve. It's like my body has totally wigged out! I take vitamins, enzymes, probiotic, but my hormones or something are totally out of sync. I don't have digestive issues since the surgery so far, just mental. I really hope that this resolves in time.

• Posted

I suffer from anxiety as well! I think I have sine digestive issues but think it may be from the anxiety.

• Posted

Rich777, I am just two weeks post op and I feel minimally okay. it's just my stomach and digesting foods and lack of energy sometimes. What did you do to feel better? Do i just need to be patient?

• Posted

Two weeks is so early. Everything you’re experiencing is completely normal, and yes, I think with time you will be fine. Try not to let the anxiety overwhelm you because it makes the stomach issue even worse. I had early setbacks because I tried to get back to regular eating too soon. Lowfat, exercise, digestive enzymes are a good start. low-dose amitriptyline and Ativan at bed really help calm things down in my stomach. I think I also had some crazy anxiety because my stomach issues had been going on so long. I can say now that I’m six months post op, I am 85 to 90% better. I prayed a ton and believed in my faith. I’m confident you will feel better too. Everyone is different and recovery times vary. God bless.

• Posted

Oh, and mint TicTac gum. Really helped the stomach. I still chew it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.