It has been 7 months since my TKR and I am finally living without pain. But now swelling in leg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have no pain, but last night I notice that my leg; the one with the new knee was a little swollen. That has never happened to me before. I've gain a couple pounds, but nothing to the extreme. Should I worry about this swelling?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you still elevating? Have you been walking or exercising too much.  If is sudden and you have done nothing, then yes see your doctor. No point surmising what could or could not be happening. All that would happen is you would get unnecessarily scared. Make your appointment first thing. If it gets any bigger go to A&E. They would do basic checks but at least you mind will be put at rest.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No I don't elevate it as much, but I do go to the gym more often and ice it. The swelling went down, so I think I was doing too much. What is an A&E, just in case it does swell up again.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Are you having any severe changes in weather going into spring. Change had been severe here. Cold, hot, rain, dampness, sudden barometer change and pain and swelling is vicious. I'm back on additional pain pills. Did a little yard work today snd suffering this evening. Anti inflammatories, ice and elevation just like The early days.

He only reason to worry at this time if you are running a fever or some sort of drainage is evident. The knee is solid so the only thing might be a little strain or twisting that will be taken care of with a little rest

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

could be a blood clot. (DVT) Get it checked out
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up