It probably is!!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have been reading over the time on tbis site some scared and desperate lovely ladies in need of reassurance. I know because i have been there and i just want to reach out a reassuring hand and say it probably is the start of menopause, of course get it checked out but don't feel you are alone and going mad! Here is some of my awful symptoms!

Nausea

Anxiety

Panic atracks

Gastitis

Food cravings

Earache

Headaches

Migraine auras

Leg cramps

Nose and gum bleeds

Acne

Hot sweats

Brain fog

Heavy clotty periods

Irregular periods

Eye twitches

Mood swings

Sensitive teeth

Brittle nails

Watery eyes

Dry eyes

Theae are just a few, don't worry you aren't alone and not going mad!!! Xx

4 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you. I'm so glad I found this website, I'd be lost without it now. To be able to realise you are not alone and discuss with sympathetic people goes a long way to help sanity. No one around me understands and I'm sure they think I'm a mad hypochondriac!

I can add rib pains, I hate bras! ย And palpitations.ย 

Love to everyone

• Posted

So good to hear I'm not the only one with rib pain, drives me bonkers sometimes. and little electric shocks in my stomach then it moves to my back then my lower back .. .think I'm going crazy haha. I haven't been diagnosed yet unfortunately as I don't have a gp who understands but I'm certain I'm peri with symptoms including the rib stuff, heavy periods ,shorter cycle, unbelievable mood swings, spots, dry skin, eyes and inside nose, joint pain, tiredness, no sew drive etc. Hope we all get sorted soon. I'm just taking menopace and pain killers and trying not to stress. Good luck ladies x
  • Posted

Very helpful indeed .I can add bloated stomach burning mouth piles and itchy skin. Omg the joys men have no idea .us ladies have to help each other through all this .
    • Posted

I have yet to have the burning mouth, no doubt I will! I do get the piles, have had them on and off since my pregnancies anyway, not very comfortable!, oh yes the bloated stomach!!
  • Posted

I need to know what to do. I have joined a gym six weeks ago and am trying to eat healthy but just can not shift the weight gain and even think I'm gaining not loosing. Do I need to keep away from some foods or try and stick with it. Some one please help. I have decided not to take anything from the dr and try and go through the the menapose on my own.ย 
    • Posted

Hi all

I can add a few symptoms to that list....doom and gloom feelings, cold feet, lower back ache and dry skin!!! Great !! I was advised to eat fresh and as much organic produce as possible, basically stay away from processed food due to the sugar. Apparently I was doing the wrong thing by buying low fat and no added sugar because they had bad sugars in to make it taste sweet so the nutritionist I have seen told me to buy full fat organic milk, full fat organic butter etc.

• Posted

I have been told that as well trouble is so difficult to cut out sugar
    • Posted

I know, I have a terrible sweet tooth so it was really hard but the lady who I went to see explained that if I done it, after 2 weeks if I eat anything processed it would taste so sweet I wouldn't eat it and it's true. After about 10 days I tested some tinned soup to see if it was warm enough and it was ridiculously sweet. The weight has started to shift now after 5 years of trying everything. It's worth doing because it's quite amazing how much suga is put into our food
    • Posted

I totally agree I wish I could put my mind to it. .have you given up fruit also .
    • Posted

No but the best fruit are apples, pears, berries. Limit bananas and oranges, tropical fruit has a lot more sugar because of the sunlight it grows in. Dark chocolate is fine, coconut brilliant. Reduce caffeine as much as you can. It's a big change but it's worth it, believe me!! I also take various natural supplements which have been fantastic for me
    • Posted

Ah ok thank you for that I will think about it .and try and get my head in gear.
    • Posted

Maybe look at ypour general carbs intake. I have gained 2stone, but am a sugar and carb addict.
  • Posted

I'd like to add woozy head, off balance/dizziness and chronic neck stiffness and pain to the lovely symptoms ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Have fun everyone lol

Xx

• Posted

I tell you all something, if a man had to go through all this there would have been a cure by now!!
    • Posted

Your bloody right there .its really not good how women have to deal with so much .
    • Posted

I have that, too. Not happy you're having those symptoms,cbut I'm glad I'm not alone.
    • Posted

Yep it's good to know others are suffering from the same symptoms, gives you hope that it's hormone imbalance causing it all and it will eventually go

Forgot to add I've also been getting slight tingling in my hands particularly right hand, don't know if it's meno related or coming from my neck

Happy days!!!

Hugs

Brenda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.