it's 3 days after my Myo and i'm alittle worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had my myo on August 31st and i woke up unable to move my leg or feel it, i told the dr and was given medication and fell asleep and when i woke up still in recovery room i could move my leg slightly. I was told that it could just be from the gas they used to inflate the belly. The second day at home was rough, i started spotting right away and was told if i was bleeding heavy through the pads that it would be a sign of concern. Also, when i stand my right foot goes pale and i'm unable to stand on it for more than 2 minutes without this horrible pain right around my calf and below my knee, i understand that it is possibly a blood clot and needs to be checked with my dr but is there a chance it could just be circulation issue since it only bothers me when i'm standing on it? also it's day 3 and i'm bleeding heavy not through pads but enough to feel dizzy from blood loss. i was suppose to start my period this week but i'm concerned because i keep reading how people started there periods weeks after surgery and i started heavy bleeding day 2. Drs office does not open till Tuesday because of the holiday but should i go to the ER or am i just over thinking?  please any advice would help! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Please go to emergency.  Don't even overthink it. Wish you better 

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 3weeks post Mymo op now and feel fine apart from when I walk more than 15/20 mins I get tired and start getting a slight pain. I still have to be careful when lifting heavy things. 

I didn't get the leg pain after surgery but I did start my periods a day after the op. It was awkward as I still had the catherter in and had to wear a pad without a knicker. It wasn't heavy as usual and it soon dried up. I think you'll have to get the leg issue checked out with your doctor, as I think it's specific to you. 

Take care

Sofie 

• Posted

how long was you're full recovery? i had taken a month off of work but i am worried that might not be enough time.

• Posted

Hi, 

Still recovering, I haven't been myself and can't go on long walks yet, I get so tired.  I took 2 months off work and planning on going back phased return after that.  Everyone's recovery is different, but I think a month is too soon to go back to work. Although you may feel fine the inside layers haven't healed in that time and my stitches have just about dissolved. If you're not able to take more time off, try to go back phased return...that's should help. 

• Posted

hopefully i can talk to my boss and see if i would be able to get more time off, i should be able to i just need to go through FMLA through work. i hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • Posted

I'd hope you were given a number to call on your ward to speak to someone about potential clots, so maybe check through your discharge papers. If not, go to casualty and don't wait for your GP as clots are very serious and better safe than sorry. Don't worry about wasting people's time as you have had major surgery and they will want to ensure you are ok.

I had a numb right shin with a bit of tingling/shooting pain down the leg, I noticed the evening of my discharge day. I called the ward I was on and they ran through some checks on the phone with me to rule out DVT, then said go to the GP if persists. GP also then did physical checks to make sure not DVT including measuring legs to check for slightest swelling. The numbness lessened and disappeared over 8 weeks and I think likely to be related to how I was lying in surgery plus epidural, plus immobility etc. Yours sounds worse though.

In term of bleeding, I was due on a few days after my op and got my period a day early on day 3 post myomectomy (end of June). Hormones and cramps were much worse than normal, but bled for my normal 4 days then was fine. So much going on post op that it's natural it might disrupt your natural rhythm making it early or late.

Good luck and make sure you speak with the professionals asap rather than worrying on your own.  X

• Posted

i checked paperwork and don't have a number to call, i had to wear these sock things that were tight during the surgery but when i went back to recovery and woke up about 3 hours later that's when i realized i couldn't feel my leg, the dr poked my leg and even ran his finger on the ends of my feet and i didn't feel anything and that's when he realized the socks were still on and he took them off. i been in bed most the day today with a low grade fever not breaking 100 but feel like it. i am having my brother drive me to the drs later today just to make sure everything is alright.

• Posted

I hope the doctors visit goes ok, definitely sounds like you need checking out. 

I had to wear the DVT stocking for two weeks after I left the hospital and did wonder if they where chopping off circulation at the top of my thigh. I still had the numbness after that though but it has rectified now.

In terms of time off work, I'd say 8 weeks minimum. Whilst the aches and pains go and you feel more yourself by week 5 - 6, your energy levels will still be low. I found I was still having to have the occasional nap up to week 8 and at week nine am still not back to pre-op energy.  I can now walk for an hour as part of my physio, but it does wipe me out for a long time afterwards.

Please look after yourself and be patient as you'll find each week feels like a step change from the previous. There's a few of us at different stages of recovery from ops over the summer too, so keep us posted and feel free to keep asking questions! X

• Posted

I had a called my drs office and got a call back from a Dr on call and i explained to her how i was feeling and she highly believes that it's nerve damage from surgery, i have to call first thing to my surgeon on tuesday morning hopefully it's not, i stand a minimum of 10 hours a day for work and that does not include breaks, i am hoping that everything just happens to go back to normal but we'll see tuesday what the Doc says! hopefully it's nothing too serious. 

• Posted

I think that's what mine was, as it's fairly common. Nerves can take up to 12 weeks to heal, but will improve within that time. It does sound like with your job and this additional complications you really need to plan for longer off work. Remember you only get one chance to recover well. Speak to your doctor on Tuesday and take their recommendation.

Also, you'll find everything is a bit daunting in the first week when you still feel very weak and vulnerable. In a few weeks as you get stronger, you will feel better generally, so try not to worry too much. I was amazed at the difference even a week made to how I felt. Listen to your body and rest when you need to. I've never napped so much as the last two months!

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking time out of you're day to respond to me, i've been a nervous wreck because this wa any first major surgery so every little thing has me like is that normal! i will see Tuesday if he tells me i will need longer than 4 weeks i am going to take it, we get TDI here in RI so at least i will get payment while out of work. just hoping for a speedy recovery as i hate sitting and not working lol

• Posted

just left hospital for my leg, ultrasound ruled out blood clots but it's in fact post neuropathy , said it takes time for it to hopefully go away! here's to a speedy recovery. hopefully.

• Posted

Great news it's not a clot and will heal in time. That must be a relief knowing what it is.

Rest well and I hope you have a good and speedy recovery. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.