It's back 😩

Posted , 5 users are following.

So it's back the big black dog is back I had 2 years of happy times now I feel like in back to square one can't get out of bed feel anxious all the time have that feeling of doom I have had a lot going on lost my beautiful dog my daughter moved out had to give up my job due to conflict and my husband and I aren't getting on since his dad died I just feel lost and hopeless again I thought I was better !!!!

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there find solace in the fact you got through this before and know you can get through it again hard times will come that's life but now you know you can beat this and find those good times again hang in there things will get better

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jojo, I can feel your pain! 

Youve had a lot going on and have a lot on your mind and this has triggered the black dog.

You were better with 2 years of being happy but things have happened and it's been triggered, you probably know being a "veteran" that depression and anxiety makes you feel lost and hopeless when in actual fact there is hope and you won't feel lost for long and more importantly you will get through it and be happy again.

You have an insight into the illness having been through it before so you can use those coping methods that got you through it and if necessary go back to your GP and restart the medication which worked for you before.

You also need to come to terms with losing your dog and your daughter leaving, this will just come with time and will sort itself out, you can't get a new daughter but perhaps a new dog?

Ok you left your job but if there was conflict there you've done the right thing especially if it was affecting your health, when your feeling better look out for a new job. I don't know what the issues are with your husband but the death of a parent can hit hard which can have a negative effect on your husband, you both need to work through these difficult times by talking.

I think you might benefit from some talking therapy to try and deal with the issues you've got going on, worth you thinking about?

In the mean time please keep in mind that you will get well again even if you just put half the effort in needed.. You will be happy again.

Neil 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Neil

I'm still on my meds dr won't increase them until I've seen the mental health team but can't get appointment until 22nd August ! Just feel lost at the moment and whole body feels numb x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So sorry to read this Jojo1974. That's a lot of stressful events happen to you, no wonder you are not feeling yourself. I feel for you...Could it be a blip?? Not minimising your depression at all. Hang in there, we are here if you need to talk. X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up