It's been a long time coming

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone we'll here I go after 25 plus years finally my last xanax it's taken me 4 mths to cut down I was on 5x1mg tables a day and I can tell you all now my anxiety and panic attacks our an all time high I am scared 😳 I am shaking my legs are gone plus so many more symptoms but I rather this than that horrible addiction I had to xanax don't get me wrong I need them but they are meant for short term use not for 25 years my fault I new better I just wished the doctor prescribed them in the first place took the time to explain their side effects again my body I should have listened to it but like always I wanted the quick fix and they did there job so so well 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Feel for you. Its valium i got and should never have taken them.  I am trying to keep them low then try slowly dropping but i still have depressed thinking and agitation which i need them for.  How on earth can i get off these whilst imhave symptoms, or are the symptoms from the valium, i just dont know. You have done so well, you obviously still get some symptoms, are they less now?
    • Posted

Hi Ann I get a lot of symptoms but now I no the difference and when I get panic attacks and anxiety I say keep coming that's won less I have to deal with bring on the next won before I use to push them away and that made them stronger 

• Posted

Did you ever have agitation?  I dont get panic attacks.   I think they are different but not sure
    • Posted

I do no5 care addiction, I can't stand my panic attacks, on daily basis😢

• Posted

Well done Gino l admire you so much getting off that poison.The withdrawal from these drugs are horrendous.l hopefully will get there in the future.You definitely have the right attitude.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.