It's gone! 1 day post gallbladder removal surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

So after being diagnosed at the end of September, I didn't have a very long wait, had my surgery yesterday.

In a lot of discomfort and exhausted, but glad it's done.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask 😊

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

great news! I had mine out Dec 7.make sure you walk around to get the gas they put in you out.I'm having a problem with that it all got trapped in my shoulders and chest.I was in tears with pain.I couldn't go πŸ’© so I had to do an enema.once I got some out it relieved it.still having problems with constipation but I think things have to get re adjusted in there.seeing my Dr.tomorrow for follow up.Good luck!!

• Posted

I'm walking about now and then, just super sore so it's difficult.

No pain in my shoulders at all, not now anyway.

Surgeon told me to make sure I cough to move any rubbish off my chest, which is hard, but managing it. Have eaten too.

• Posted

Suppose the first is do you feel better !

Surgery takes a lot out of our bodies really

But hoping this is the start of everything as gall bladder pain is not fun !

• Posted

Hello!

I'd really like to know the exact symptoms that led them to discover you needed your gall bladder to be removed please.

I've been having night sweats and awful back pain in my right shoulder area particularly after eating anything fatty. Over the past few months I've seen my GP so many times and last week she gave me a prescription for an antidepressant that has the added side effect of reducing sweating!!

Luckily i went to the hospital for a routine colonoscopy and told this Doctor my symptoms and he's booked me an MRCP scan thank goodness!!

Did you have night sweats?

• Posted

no night sweats. Just terrible upper gastric pain after eating.

My second attack ended in a blocked stone and me jaundiced in hospital for 4 days, was diagnosed then. Had my op quite soon as I was classed as urgent.

• Posted

I think that's quite a long wait though Cerrian. Hoping for a quicker resolution in my case as I have been quite ill. My problematic stone is 2cm. Would prefer an alternative to surgery but not holding my breath. How long were you in hospital?

• Posted

The hospital stay seems to vary, depending on whether it is open or keyhole, your country and how you react to the operation. In the UK for keyhole you usually go home the same or next day. For open surgery it is 3 days. My neighbour was same day, my friend 4 days. However, my cousin was very unwell afterwards and was kept in 12 days, even though it was keyhole. All had large stones. 2 - 3 months is the usual turn round for urgent appointments.

• Posted

it's super quick for my area. I know people who've waited years.

I had keyhole surgery, in first thing in the morning, left hospital around 8pm

• Posted

Even though I would prefer to avoid surgery, if I thought I was only going to be in hospital for a day, I would be beating at the doors to get in! But it sounds as though even if you are scheduled for that, you can't know for certain whether it will end up a bigger/longer job than expected.

Gosh don't know how I will cope if I have to wait even 2 months. I'm only just getting through each day. Was anyone offered any medication to help during the wait?

• Posted

Chris, My Brother waited 4 months as an urgent for gallbladder surgery. I've see somebody on here who's been waiting a year and somebody who's been waiting since the back end of 2016.

I'm really sorry and don't want to be the bearer of bad newsπŸ‘Ž You may well be lucky though as areas of the country differ.

I waited 3 months just to see the surgical team.

Good LuckπŸ‘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.