It's just anxiety

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wish I could program this logic into your brains like they do on Westworld. It's ALL just anxiety. Every single symptom is either related to anxiety\depression or is age related. Don't search for symptoms. Don't ask Dr. Google for answers and don't get a second opinion from Dr. Yahoo. It's ALL just anxiety. This may not be the path for you, but the way I beat my anxiety and depression and mood swings, was when I accepted everything, the good, the bad, the horrible, the scary, death, possibility of dying sooner than later. I accepted that 99% of the time it's going to be anxiety and that 1% is so insignificant that I am simply not going to allow myself to waste precious time on worrying about something I cannot control. Your headache is muscle tension, your heat beats is just fight or flight, your eye floaters are totally normal. Everything is part of our bodies aging. Humans can be ugly and do horrible things, but the world is beautiful and you need to find those little things that will help you see this. Life is precious, please, please, please don't waste on worrying about things you cannot control. Let go, accept EVERYTHING. 

This is what I told myself before I started feeling better. It helped me, you don't have to do this, but it saved my life. I told myself that I would rather and that I am ready to die as long as I don't have to live this way any longer. I said that I will either get better or not live. I got better because there was no actual threat to my life and everything was just made up by my worrying brain. If I could do it, you can too. I promise you

7 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You are SO right!!    

We are all so worried about dying that we stop LIVING! 

There are no guarantees in this life. I accept that because there’s nothing we can do to change it. 

We must accept things that we cannot change or we will be miserable.

Accept that this life comes with pain, suffering, and uncertainty, but it’s also filled with beauty, love, and happy times.

I have had anxiety symptoms for decades and now totally accept them without spending my life trying to figure out why.

The symptoms are annoying but have never hurt me.

I just live and enjoy as much as possible but still intentionally reduce stress by exercise, healthy foods, meditation, enjoying simple things. 

And of course, get regular check ups at your doctors office but don’t obsess over it.

Accept the test results and move on.

It also helps to have Faith because then you know that this life isn’t the end all.

Every day you spend worrying is a day you have lost forever.

EVERYONE, ENJOY your LIFE!   🌸🌸🌸🌻🌺

• Posted

I need to save this and read it every single day. 

Thank you. ❤️❤️

• Posted

Good Morning Imnmll!

Well said. I too have to save this.

will😎

• Posted

You don't have to write anything down! It's simple? Your probably young, no life experience? Just listen to us old facts, doctors get paid for peddling pills! If you've got a serious infection, antibiotics are needed! Fine, i'v never found a pill that's any good for anything else, natural ways, alternative therapies, no wonder the doctor doesn't want you on Google? Because you learn things, by all means Google and read up all you want, then make your own mind up. 

• Posted

Frederick,

1. I am a 40 year old man, going on 90... I've seen more in my 40 years than most people in a 3 lifetimes. I've experience so much pain that I wouldn't wish 1% of what I went through up on my worst enemies (not that I have enemies). 

2. Doctors are not miracle workers. There are good doctors, decent doctors, bad doctors, "evil" doctors, but they are still better than Google. The last time I Googled my symptoms, I found out that I was pregnant. There are different pills for different things. I don't take meds unless I am really sick and I do get sick that I will take meds. There is no conspiracy. You don't need Antibiotics for a freaking cold or flu, and if the doctor prescribes it for you then ask why and no one is forcing you to take any meds. Please take your ignorance somewhere else. That was a very rude reply. If you have nothing positive to say, then please troll someone else's post. I am trying to help people who are stuck because I was able to break the cycle of insanity that was driving me nuts. It's a lot easier than you think, but go on and keep telling yourself that it's all someone else's fault 

• Posted

Beautifully wrote. I think most suffering with anxiety or health anxiety struggle with the “every day is the last day” because of the physical symptoms. How do you rid those symptoms and know what symptoms are real 
    • Posted

I would love to know how to so that as well!!arlenda13413
  • Posted

Very well said.. I think this eveyday myself  before bed... until the next day when I wake trembling and unbalanced. Some days are ok and I can push through and somedays, the physical stuff going on is just too exhausting. 
  • Posted

Wow so very true!! But what about when a health issue could be REAL. I have a SEVERE form of health anxiety that started last year after my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. I am a smoker (actively trying to quit) SOOOOO my symptoms of air hunger, chest tightness, fatigue all WORRY the hell out of me because it could be a real health issue!! Have had clear chest x-ray but still could be dealing with COPD, Emphysema, cancer, or allergies. Don't know how to just shuty mind off. It is debilitating, I am crying everyday and focus on my symptoms all the time. I have a husband, children, and beautiful grandkids but this is all I think abou!! I am 43 years old and should not be living my life this way.

• Posted

I agree with you. Just for me...everything is easier said than done......I really want my symptoms to disappear, to never exist. I wish depression, anxiety, ocd and all those illnesses never existed. I wish cancer is not my biggest fear. I find myself constantly worried about cancer. “Do I have lymphoma?” “Do I have stomach cancer?” “Do I have liver cancer?!” Do I have lung cancer?” “I’m positive I have colon cancer!” It’s not always cancer but tends to always be something deadly that comes to my mind. Now that I think about it, 99% if my symptoms are anxiety and stress related, heck many all of them. But darn anxiety just gotta ruin your life.
  • Posted

I agree with you. Just for me...everything is easier said than done......I really want my symptoms to disappear, to never exist. I wish depression, anxiety, ocd and all those illnesses never existed. I wish cancer is not my biggest fear. I find myself constantly worried about cancer. “Do I have lymphoma?” “Do I have stomach cancer?” “Do I have liver cancer?!” Do I have lung cancer?” “I’m positive I have colon cancer!” It’s not always cancer but tends to always be something deadly that comes to my mind. Now that I think about it, 99% if my symptoms are anxiety and stress related, heck many all of them. But darn anxiety just gotta ruin your life. I’m just 13, I should be having fun not constantly worried about my health and always on Dr.Google and Yahoo, right?
  • Posted

Again, everyone is different. The two things that worked for me are:

1. Giving up hope. Accepting death. Accepting reality. Forgiving myself and others, for everything no matter what happened. 

2. Using logic for my hypochondria. Analyze the possibility of something serious happening to you and you realize that the chances are pretty low. And if something does happen to you, then why waste time on dwelling on it since you can't control it? If you have 20 days, 20 weeks, or 20 years to live, it doesn't matter, what matters is enjoy the now. Make every moment, the now. And you will eventually see change. You didn't start feeling this way overnight and healing from it will take a while. But trust me, unless you critically clinically depressed when you can't take a shower, you're fine and you CAN re-program your mind. If you think your brain is leaking into your spine (I hear this one often) and you were able to read through my post, then trust me, your brain is not bleeding. It's normal for your heart to race and skip a beat sometimes. We are not made of stone. As we age, our bodies are changing and certain things don't work as well. Don't assume that it's the worst possible scenario. Assume it's nothing and just keep in mind that if it's something serious, you'll face your demons at that time. 

• Posted

Hi imnml, 

Anxiety is very complex. I’ve been dealing with it for 25 years. I’ve finally found a neurologist that is helping me. I’m on celexa low dose 10mg and after 16 weeks I’m feeling energy the anxiety is lifting. 🙏🏻 I just wanted to share that with you. I do meditation from Utube Rebekah Borucki. I’ve also given up caffeine which was hard for me. But it helps and I walk every day. Keep us posted how you are doing! Keep positive!

Will😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.