It's me, again, again, again...

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm sure some of you are becoming more and more used to seeing my daily post of anxiety symptoms that are scaring the bajesus out of me... so here's another one for good measure! This forum is becoming more of a daily diary entry for me these days. Anyway...

I mentioned a while back, in one of my posts, that I can pretty much endure any symptom so long as my head and brain are left alone, because symptoms up there scare me senseless. I don't like them, I don't like being afraid that there is something seriously wrong with my brain, I cannot even begin to put into words how much it terrifies me. I can't. So, naturally, today, some symptoms have cropped up that now have me thinking I am losing my mind. I'll tell you what they are in a moment, but I just want to quickly say - for me, the fear when symptoms occur, is the not being able to tell if they are an anxiety symptom or something you should genuinely be worried about. I know you're supposed to ignore symptoms of anxiety, put them to the back of your mind, but there's always this little voice that says "well, what if this symptom is the one that's not anxiety, and there's something wrong?" And then panic ensues, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

But, yes, I'll tell you what's happening today - part of me hopes that some other people have endured this, and that it's just anxiety, and not a case of me genuinely losing my marbles. Today, out of absolutely nowhere, I am spitting a little bit when I am talking. Now, not every time I say something, but on the odd occasion I am spitting a little bit. And another thing that is happening is that I am stumbling with my words a lot. Like, I'll use the wrong word in a sentence, or I'll say some words the wrong way round, or I'll just struggle to find a word to describe what I want to say. I'm tripping over my words, or sometimes I'll say something and then think to myself 'God, that didn't even make sense!' So, from that point onwards I am really paying attention to every single thing that I am saying, to try and catch how often I am doing it.

I'm a looney toon. sad Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

And youre not crazy
    • Posted

Could've fooled me; I sure as heck feel crazy most of the time, haha.
    • Posted

Sometimes i slobber on side of mouth.. Confused feeling..
    • Posted

I try very hard to ignore the symptoms of anxiety, but I'm constantly worried that "what if this one symptom that I ignore is the one that turns out to be serious?" - know what I mean?
    • Posted

I know they are hard to not focus on and thinkong its stroke or some other cerebral issue anxiety also messes up my digestive nd ive recently dropped almost 50 pounds with out trying. Sux
  • Posted

The use of the wrong words is almost certainly down to the fact that your mind is focusing on the issues and worries and is not so concerned about the content of the conversation.

Either that or you're focusing on what you're saying that much you're basically 'choking' under the pressure.

• Posted

You're making your symptoms worse.. Your mind is taking a small thing (like spitting when you talk, it happens sometimes to people) and making it think it's a big deal. The stumbling, that's common along with talking fast during anxiety attacks. Theyre known signs of an attack. Just relax. You'll make yourself think you're dying if you don't. Which you're not. Trust me, you're not.
    • Posted

I know. sad I'm not so much worried about the spitting thing, as much as how suddenly it just started happening. I am a nervous wreck on a daily basis, hyper aware of every little twinge in my body.
    • Posted

I know. Trust me I know. I have health anxiety too, and on a daily basis I'm worried of a heart attack. I can't even enjoy anything because once I feel a single heart palp, my day is centered around thinking about it. Get some meds. Walk. Color. Draw. Watch a funny movie. Our anxiety feeds on our fear. It loves it.. Don't feed it.
    • Posted

To intune with vur body im that way too it eases up .. Just positive talk and weite down how you feel youll be ok.. Xoxox. And prayers .. Youre not alone
    • Posted

I try not to feed it. Unfortunately, sometimes, that's easier said than done. I try to be strong; I even word my posts on here in jokey, jovial kind of ways, in an attempt to "take back the power" - you know? Like, my anxiety can't win so long as I am able to make fun of it, joke about it, laugh it off. I am just so sick of feeling on edge each and every single day.
    • Posted

Give it a place of its own if you have too. You cant honestly ignore it or we would be all healed up and happy. You must feel the cycles by now. Theres teirs in this. Just try for the next few weeks a game here. Lay down and surrender to it on the first teir. The intial attack. Lay there and say out loud ok i know this is an anxiety attack and i accept it. And do breathing or cbt tools which are very imoortant and dont allow what ifs.. Like a game for a few weeks just to see for yourself. Yes i agree there are those times when its hard to tell if it is only an anxiety attack but for the next few weeks just assume it is as a trial to realize you actually can stop it after the intial fear teir (intial attack). You have only to gain here because if it works do you relaize you hold the key to limiting these attacks? Dont worry about setbacks we are only human. And do not excpect a miracle cure here. Its a way of managing it. It takes months of doing this to get it right.I know i sound like a bunch of useless words but  they arent. I dont have a cure just a side route to at least manage it enough not to allow it to recycle.clearly, withou a doubt the way you are coping in general, or thinking has to change for thhis to change for the better. Your stuck with the intial attacks but over many months youll have to accept this as part of you and with out the secind teir of fear its a lot more manageable and you can stop,a

lowing it to debilitate your whole life. Retraining your brain basically, but accepting it as well. Give it a try and use this forum as reassurance and comfort. Its not about taking back the power, you never lost it you are afraid of it. Do you get that?

• Posted

I watched a bunched of videos that explained it so well. They Used teir..layers. First Tier is the initial attack. Thats just going to happen, it us. They explain to,let it be basically. Its the fear rush, symptoms..adrenaline that accompanies a whole host of weird symptoms. If you surrender and accept it as is then it doesnt elevate. The only reason it gets even worse is we start to fear the panic attack. So dont feed into the panic attack or fear it. Which is how i aways worded it until i learned to use teirs. Makes a ton of sense to me i guess. Its gets messed up for me becuase i have ailments so i have to be careful what exactly im accepting but i know my reactions to my stuff is anxiety. I dont know how it wouldnt be. But every story i have read about those who beat this stopped fearing it. Mine has come and gone many times. I know what it is but it is like you said sometimes new symptoms pop up and you want to not fear it, but its scary. But the teirs are the layers involved in a panic attack. The intial attack is teir one. Then if you fear the attack of fear basically its teir two. Does it makes sense. Maybe im explaing it unclear i dont know. I have done it, where i refuse to fear the panic attack or anxiety and it has calmed down but sometimes some of these symptoms hang out and then i dont know what they relate too. The teir theory only is for actual panic attacks..just those really intense terror moments. I forgot who taught all this i think claire weeks, a really old lady they wanted to give a no le peace prize too. When i first heard it a long time ago  i was like how do you just accept this stuff its so intense, but i did and sometimes it really works well and i would do it all the time if the symptoms went away after th anxiety but sometimes they dont for a while. 
    • Posted

Teirs are the stages of a panic attack. The inital stage is teir one. If you fear the intial attack it flys into stage two..etc.. If you accept and surrender to it in teir one the cycle calms down and doesnt escalate. Thats teirs. Without a doubt sometimes new symptoms pop up and you want to accept it all but it gets a bit scary because how do you be certain its all from the adrenaline. You just suppose assume it is. But i have some ailments so I dont always know whats what. Its not even over thinking its symptoms that escalate or appear and are different then before. If i had no aioments i would happily accept and surrender it all so it doesnt escalte to get worse. Sometimes i can do it and it does work.  I just am so sick of the anxiety part already. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.