It's me, again, again, again...

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm sure some of you are becoming more and more used to seeing my daily post of anxiety symptoms that are scaring the bajesus out of me... so here's another one for good measure! This forum is becoming more of a daily diary entry for me these days. Anyway...

I mentioned a while back, in one of my posts, that I can pretty much endure any symptom so long as my head and brain are left alone, because symptoms up there scare me senseless. I don't like them, I don't like being afraid that there is something seriously wrong with my brain, I cannot even begin to put into words how much it terrifies me. I can't. So, naturally, today, some symptoms have cropped up that now have me thinking I am losing my mind. I'll tell you what they are in a moment, but I just want to quickly say - for me, the fear when symptoms occur, is the not being able to tell if they are an anxiety symptom or something you should genuinely be worried about. I know you're supposed to ignore symptoms of anxiety, put them to the back of your mind, but there's always this little voice that says "well, what if this symptom is the one that's not anxiety, and there's something wrong?" And then panic ensues, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

But, yes, I'll tell you what's happening today - part of me hopes that some other people have endured this, and that it's just anxiety, and not a case of me genuinely losing my marbles. Today, out of absolutely nowhere, I am spitting a little bit when I am talking. Now, not every time I say something, but on the odd occasion I am spitting a little bit. And another thing that is happening is that I am stumbling with my words a lot. Like, I'll use the wrong word in a sentence, or I'll say some words the wrong way round, or I'll just struggle to find a word to describe what I want to say. I'm tripping over my words, or sometimes I'll say something and then think to myself 'God, that didn't even make sense!' So, from that point onwards I am really paying attention to every single thing that I am saying, to try and catch how often I am doing it.

I'm a looney toon. sad Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 33 replies

Report / Delete

33 Replies

Next

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up