It's me, again, again, again...

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm sure some of you are becoming more and more used to seeing my daily post of anxiety symptoms that are scaring the bajesus out of me... so here's another one for good measure! This forum is becoming more of a daily diary entry for me these days. Anyway...

I mentioned a while back, in one of my posts, that I can pretty much endure any symptom so long as my head and brain are left alone, because symptoms up there scare me senseless. I don't like them, I don't like being afraid that there is something seriously wrong with my brain, I cannot even begin to put into words how much it terrifies me. I can't. So, naturally, today, some symptoms have cropped up that now have me thinking I am losing my mind. I'll tell you what they are in a moment, but I just want to quickly say - for me, the fear when symptoms occur, is the not being able to tell if they are an anxiety symptom or something you should genuinely be worried about. I know you're supposed to ignore symptoms of anxiety, put them to the back of your mind, but there's always this little voice that says "well, what if this symptom is the one that's not anxiety, and there's something wrong?" And then panic ensues, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

But, yes, I'll tell you what's happening today - part of me hopes that some other people have endured this, and that it's just anxiety, and not a case of me genuinely losing my marbles. Today, out of absolutely nowhere, I am spitting a little bit when I am talking. Now, not every time I say something, but on the odd occasion I am spitting a little bit. And another thing that is happening is that I am stumbling with my words a lot. Like, I'll use the wrong word in a sentence, or I'll say some words the wrong way round, or I'll just struggle to find a word to describe what I want to say. I'm tripping over my words, or sometimes I'll say something and then think to myself 'God, that didn't even make sense!' So, from that point onwards I am really paying attention to every single thing that I am saying, to try and catch how often I am doing it.

I'm a looney toon. sad Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your mind is working over time to rush and get things out. I do this when I'm stressed and anxious. Hope that helps
  • Posted

I get a lot like this often. Struggle to speak, sometimes it's hard to even remember who I am if that makes sense
  • Posted

Been experiencing a little of the mixing up words stuff. It is very worrying I totally agree especially as I'm a teacher and seen as quite articulate. I can't remember things and find I'm not making g sense sometimes. The more I make mistakes the more I keep checking on myself and therefore I make further mistakes . And on it goes. I had an mri....All clear. No tumors or anything funny thank god . Get checked out if you are worried! !! No point being worried best to get it sorted.. .possibly only anxiety but that in itself needs treatment.
    • Posted

I know what you mean, Ciara. I'm a writer, and sometimes I get a bit wordy, and so I really notice when I make mistakes. And then when I make mistakes, I begin looking out for even more mistakes. It's awful.
    • Posted

Someone posted that you are probably stressed and anxious and I think they are right because I find it worse when I'm stressed. Try relax and distract yourself when possible! ! Exercise I think is the key....best of luck I get you will be fine in time you just need to look after yourself.
  • Posted

David,

this sounds almost like me. As a matter of fact I just experienced the same yesterday. A friend came by my work place and suddenly I felt this strange feeling in my head, as if somehting in my head tries to make it really hard for me to focus on something. I feel it especially above my eyes. While talking to my friend I had real problems then to find the right words. I felt almost stupid. I feel like my ability to concentrate is getting progresivly worse, my memory is failing as well at times and tiredness is part of my every day life for a good 4 years now.

I`m having health anxiety for at least 8 years now, depression runs in my family, and OCD has been with me for as well at least 14 years.

My main health anxiety for the last 18 month has been dementia. And that`s why I can shake off anylonger my current anxiety. These symptoms match both anxiety/depression and dementia. Now I`m 45 and generally too young to worry about dementia but just because it`s rare in younger peoplke it`s not unheard of.

Feel free to message me if you feel like exchanging experiences.

• Posted

I have just recently been diagnosed with "anxiety". Sometimes I'm still not 100% convinced I'm not really just losing my mind. But I came across your post and the word mix up thing, I've noticed a few times. Its like I can't get my mind to say what I want it too. I will literally know in my head what I'm supposed to say, but my mouth doesn't process it that way. And Yes the spitting thing happened one time to me about a month ago. I too was feeling like something major was wrong. But I assume it is part of this anxiety thing sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.