It’s official!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies!  Just came back from my new obgyn.  I have finally been heard.  Yes, indeed I am in perimenopause.  Estrogen deficient for sure!  It is looking as if I need to be on a combo BCP.  It is a 90 day regiment, basically a period 3-4 x per year.  She is just contacting my cardiologist because of some prior heart testing, but that should all be fine!  I went back afterwards and saw perimenopause listed as a diagnosis...I cried a little 😊

For my dizzy friends... I am going to try (again) lower dose amitripyline 10mg.  The thought is if the migraines can be controlled and I get more sleep...hopefully the vertigo will lessen.  Apparently, he wants me to try vestibular physical therapy too.  It does appear to be associated with either the migraines or the BPV...in any event it is upsetting my inner ear ( vestibular system).  I am going to give that and the BCP 3 months.  If my vertigo is not solved...making an appointment in our major city to see a nuerotologist and get proper balance testing done...spinning chairs, etc.  

You will all be proud of me...it is raining like crazy here...I drove in terrible downpours and didn’t have a meltdown!  Today...good day...check 😉

6 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Lou

The brain fog is a side effect, so you may need to change the time you take them. They usually advise to take about 2 hrs before bed, but if you find it's like you're hungover all day, take it back an hour. It will be in your system when you sleep and less of the day should be foggy xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sassy!  I put my med reminder to 5 pm.  I think I took it at 7 last night.  I was out by 9...but up at 1...then back to sleep 2-6am.  I definitely had broken sleep, so I am sure this is why I feel “odd” today..although I feel odd everyday, so who knows!  Yeah, I totally feel hungover though!  This is nothing compared to tbe Lexapro...so I think I can soldier through it!  🤗

• Posted

Good luck with it Lou. I know it is something i was told about when I tried them. You should start to sleep better with them... So enjoy it! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.