It stopped working

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All. I am on week 8 on 20mg of flu. I was feeling EXCELLENT back to my old self even forgot I felt sad at one point..I thought it was all over.......5 dags, ago I started getting anxiety again, feeling depressed and the "doom" feelings again. Has this happened to anyone? Should I ask Dr to up dose is that the only solution?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

exactly how I was at week 8, they put me on 40mgs and I have climbed that mountain again, slid part way down on occasion but got back up again. So yes I would ask doctor to up your dose as soon as possible I wish you well on your journey cheesygrin
    • Posted

It's honestly very upseting because I thought the nightmare was all over after 3 weeks of being completely back and even improved my old self. Did you get side effects when your dose was upped? My concern is..what if it stops working at 40mg again ughhhhsad
    • Posted

it is not an easy journey for everybody, there are ups and downs along the way sadly sad the transformation to 40 mgs went very well for the first couple of weeks then I suddenly hit a wall that was scarey to begin with, but determination and a will to get better saw me through the dark days, the pain is worth it if you can be strong and know that in a day or two the light will shine again, have faith smile
    • Posted

Well my appointment is in 2 weeks so we will see. I don't feel horrible I just was feeling so great I was convinced this was over so it is frustrating. But definitely will start fighting it
  • Posted

Hi jenmasu

Thats exactly how I was feeling wk10-11 but never quite improved as much as you have, I just got stuck back feeling low. Im around wk14 and have just started to increase the dose on alternate days but its too soon to know what effects itll have.

If youre still feeling low by your apt in two weeks then yes id have the char with your dr. I left it a few wks as had other stuff going on that was dragging me down so wasnt sure if that was stopping my recovery.

Like you im hoping thia works as dont wanna think about changung meds again :-(

Hope you start feeling brighter. We'll all get there in the end its just a very long road!

All the best

Vix

• Posted

Hi

The medication doesn't stop working.  This is a normal process through recovery on medication.  Everyone seems to go through these ups and downs ... setbacks.  When you start to feel calmer and think you're feeling better, a setback will hit you hard and you're back to square one again.  This process will repeat itself over and over until the he setbacks fade completely.  The mistake at this stage is to up the dose - this will give you more side effects and eventually you'll end up back at this stage again - setbacks.

Every time you have a setback, however hard it is, just try and accept that this is part of recovery, go about life as normal, try and stay calm and just continue and wait for it to pass.  You'll start to feel good again.

You'll be up and down for months until the setbacks get less and less until they disappear altogether.

Think of them like twinges - if you broke your leg it would heal immediately, and when it starts to heal you'll get twinges along the way.  Even when it's mended you might get the odd twinge now and then.

Feeling like this is a sure way to tell the medication is actually working.  Not the opposite.

• Posted

that was meant to say 'if you broke your leg it WOULDNT heal immediately' not would lol :-)
    • Posted

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write your response. Second, you see this as very positive and have brought a lot of sense into what how to approach this situation.

Today I learned to brace this anxiety and depression and to see all the positive experiences and changes that have happened to me while battleling this situation. Your message topped it off and I'll read it over and over sgain. Thank u.

• Posted

It seems it is good days & bad days, but at least I feel in control of my emotions. Just a bit spaced out at times. I'm on week 12 now & Saturday I really felt shakey but my friend came & it wasn't long before I was feeling myself & had a great night out with friends over a meal. It really does seem to be day to day?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.