It works for me

Posted , 4 users are following.

:lol:

I have been on mitazapine for 20 months now and have no problems at all.It is a bit strange at first i just felt very tired and funny \"electric\" feelings.This was quite perculiar but it settled after 5 weeks.I did put weight on but have now lost a stone so you can get it off ! dont use the tablets as an excuse.

Occasionally if i have missed a couple of consecutive doses i get muscle mild cramps ...usually just when i want to go to sleep.

I am feeling so much better now and this drug has helped me get over other medical problems,i will sort out coming off it at some point but i am enjoying feeling great and am sure my GP will know when its the right time.

Dont worry about the side effects it settles and i did not have any spaced out problems.

Take care and be happy !!!!!!!

My GP is great and says dont feel guilty needing a serotonin boost right now if you were diabetic you would not hesitate to take medication so whats the difference...just cus you cant see your illness.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'v just been prescribed Mirazapine, so I was pleased to read your comments that it works for you. I am just about to take my first one in the hope that I'll get a good nights sleep for a change. The only thing that worries me is the weight gain, cos I'm already 3 stone overweight, which is depressing in itself. So I'm not looking forward to that. I just hope though that it stops me feeling so bad. Well I'm about to find out!

• Posted

Great to here someone else truly benefitting from Mirt. Like i've mentioned in other posts, Mirt has really worked for my depression and turned things round for me. My GPs main reason for chosing Mirt was to cure my insomnia that came with the depression. After trying all sorts of sleeping meds unsucessfully, Mirt has worked wonders. I have noticed though that when sleeping, every night without fail, i have extremely vivid dreams. I don't regard them as a problem and actually welcome them as it makes something as menial as sleep seem quite interesting lol. Has anybody else experienced this?
  • Posted

Great to hear you guys have had good experiences on mir as a lot of the posts are negative. I was on fluoxetine for 4 weeks and felt worse than ever. I am now on a week off getting them out of my system (hard work) and I will start mir at the end of next week. I have got my fingers crossed for good results and am hoping you don't get as many side effects as you do when you start flu.

Thank you smile

• Posted

Hi smile, good luck with the mirt, the only initial transition side-effect i experienced immediately was slight tiredness that sometimes lasted into the following day. Nothing out the ordinary though and after a week it wore off. Hope all goes well, let us know how you get on with them.
  • Posted

Hi He-man,

thanks for the post I'm due to start the mir tomorrow night. I'm a wee bit worried as flu made me feel sooooo awful....do you not get the same side effects with mir? Lost weight on flu which was great but have a funny feeling it may go back on with mir, sadly. Thanks again. smile

• Posted

Hi. Glad to hear your good experience. I have been on Mirtazapine for 6 wks and sometimes feel better but am having problems with feeling disorientated. It's only mild but I feel irritable and tired with it and it puts me in a bad mood at times which kind of defeats the object. Have any experience of this? And if so is it likely to wear off?

Hope to hear back.

Rosey Lee.

• Posted

I started to take mir about a year and half ago, But after going from 15 to 30 to 45mg in the first year i feel that its not working for me any more.I still feel depressed and am not sleeping to well either. I also had vivid dreams when i first started taking mir but that passed after a month or two. As for weight gain i didnt seem to get any problems. but my main problem i have with mir is that i get real bad mood swings ie i loose my rag at almost everything, anyone else get mood swings with mir? or is it just me?
  • Posted

Hi nightwalker

Like you I have been on mirt for almost a year now after 2 previosly horrible months on citalopram which caused me insomnia and weight loss. I had no such problem with mirt however, as it gave me a great night's sleep and improved my appetite. The weight I lost on citalopram has now returned but like you I have had no weight gain problems with mirt.

Unfortunately, like you the anti depressant benefits of mirt lessened over time even though I was on 60 mg for a couple of months (45mg usual maximum) I had a relapse and had to go off work again for about 3 months.

My psych slowly added Venlafaxine (slow release) to my medication. Currently I take 45 mg of Mirt at night and 150 mg of Venlafaxine in the morning just after breakfast. This combination of drugs has helped me and I have recently returned to work again with reduced hours initially. I find that the Ven reduces the anxiety problems that I seemed to have with Mirt, particularly in the first 3-4 hours each morning. Unlike you I had no bad temper problems with Mirt. I hope this combination of drugs continues to help my depression. One day at a time!

Perhaps this drug combination could help you as well?

Hope this helps you.

Tyrone Gael

• Posted

hi all

I have been on mirt for a little over a month now - switching from lamotragine - i put on about a stone, but that was due to increased appetite. I have now managed to loose half of it - and still battling with the other half. I am in mixed views now cos it makes me feel great, but i hate the weight gain. I am doing my best to contain my appetite by trying to fill up on fruit and veg rather than junk snacks. Its a med with mixed blessigs unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.