Itchiness and bumps on Vulva

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello... I’m really concerned about the  itchiness and bumps on my vagina... I had sexual intercourse with somebody 4 days ago and I started feeling these symptoms 2 days ago... I’m not sure if it is the person who I’ve slept with because we used protection but of course something can always go wrong. I had unprotected sexual intercourse about 2 weeks ago with a different person as well. It looks like little yellow pimples and white sores as well. I’m very itchy and it kind of burns when I pee. I have never had a yeast infection so I went out and bought the ointment to treat it and I’m on my second day of using it. I have felt much better and not so itchy but the bumps are still there. I have my appointment in 2 days but I’m just so anxious to find out what I have and I can’t seem to get my mind off of it. I have researched my symptoms and I’m so scared the results will come back in saying I have either Herpes or Genital Warts.

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

You'd need to get tested, but those symptoms don't sound good.  Herpes would be a lot more likely than warts, but you may not have any STI at all.  If you have caught something, it's more likely to have come from the person you slept with two weeks ago btw.

You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I’m sorry to hear this happen to you . This too happen to me and I went to the Doc yesterday and he says it looks like it could be herpes.  But won’t knkw for sure until Friday. Pray for the best but if it is herpes it is not the end of the world and u are definitely not alone. Keep us posted . 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well HSV1 is the strain of the virus herpes that usually only affects the area of the mouth hence the name oral herpes.  Which is a lot more common and easier to deal with than HSV2 which the second strain of the herpes virus that usually affects the genital area hence again which is why is called genital herpes. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the update.  It does still count as genital herpes I'm afraid, but if it's with the HSV-1 virus, it's nowhere near as bad as being infected with the HSV-2 virus.  Around half of people with genital herpes caused by HSV-1 only ever have one episode, and even if it recurs, further recurrences are a lot less frequent than with the HSV-2 virus.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Wow that’s awesome. Definitely great news. Glad everything worked out for the best for you. Wish you the best in your next chapter in your life. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up