Itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Gallbladder discomfort today , constant belching , feeling full , bloated - only ate oats and water for breakfast! Was sick (bile ) and had to come home from work .

No rib pain today just the full feeling/nausea and itching ! Was all over body ( has been OK n and off for three days ) but now just my face and eyes !

It's doing my head in !

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds miserable. I haven't heard on the itching before. I do know your pain though. I had lunch out today, and halfway through my tummy bloated up to huge proportions and I have had pain under my right rib and back. It lasts hours. Miserable condition. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi don't forget you may still have gas that's trapped from the procedure. I felt nausea and the only itching I had was where the incisions were so I if they gave you any numbers to call when you were discharged I would call them for some advice. Its still early days remember but if in doubt go back to your doctor or a&e. I rang the numbers a couple of times for advice and it really did help.

Let me know how you get on. x

• Posted

oh sorry, then watch out for jaundice as it maybe your bile going into places it shouldn't be if you have a full gallbladder as I know that can cause itching but I'm not a doctor so you really need to speak to someone, if you don't feel you can wait until next week.

x

• Posted

Perhaps you have excess bile in your system.  That can cause itching for sure.  I suggest that you contact your doctor.  There's a medication that you can take that will bind the bile and stop the itching.  It's called questran. xx

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out almost a year ago and I remember the itching. It felt like my skin was crawling at times. Watch the oats. I was told that even good fat is bad with a dodgy gallbladder. Oats are fairly high. I hope you get things sorted soon. Gallbladder removal was the best thing that happened to me. I didn't quite realise how ill I was and for how long until mine was removed. The constant full feeling, rib discomfort and itching was horrible.

• Posted

Thanks Hun x

Better today can eat again !

Face still a bit itchy but no where near as bad x

Omg didn't realise about oats - I have oats most days for breakfast - usually with fat free yogurt and fruit !

• Posted

Hospital said ok for oats to me but told me less than 3% fat in everything, including good fat. Oats are about 7%. GP said no to oats so I steered clear of them. My face was covered in scratches. Usually the itching was worse at night. Horrible. The itch would spread all over my body. Gah! The diet is very hard to stick too. I don't envy you x

• Posted

Thanks Hun x

I follow slimming world diet anyway have done for a while ( I'm not obese but uncomfortable in my clothes , my bmi is where it should be ) don't eat fatty foods as a rule never have done really. Had some oven chips the other night done think it helped matters and it was my son's birthday so had birthday cake 😌

Thanks for the tip I go to see consultant on Wednesday so see what he advises xx gosh it's very complicated isnt it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.