Itching Throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I had gb removal for almost 11 months now. everyday I have discomfort in my stomach after meal. Sometimes diarrhoea is attacking, sometimes 3x a day and loose with yellow and full smell. A few days ago I have experiencing new issue. In the middle of the night while I'm sleeping my throat suddenly will itch I can feel there's a liquid rising from my chest going up to my throat and it's little salty taste. I have also unexpected heart palpitation I had ECG 2 days ago and thanks God it is normal.

I hope somebody can share and advise me if there are experiencing same boat. I would appreciate your replies. Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Queence, sorry to lear you're having these problems.  Sounds as if you have Bile Salt Malobsorption.  That is, your liver is producing too much bile.  Bile acid is yellow, foul smelling and extremely caustic.  There is a Bile Acit Malobsorption (BAM) thread on this website that offers knowledge and encouragement.  Also, with respect to your throat, could be acid reflux.  Best of luck, and let us know how you do.  

• Posted

Thank you so much Ms. Lynda20916. I read some comments in the internet about BAM. Can I take Bile salt (Oxen Salt) I'm not sure if I'm a right without GI prescription? I sent many times to GP but nothing can give me a right medicines to answer my issues. How long I can feel back to normal without any stomach discomfort? Or I gonna suffer for the rest of my life. I hope God will heal all of us who have suffer after gb removal.

• Posted

You're so welcome Queence22374. Bile salt (Oxen Salt) is taken when you don't have enough bile acid (also known as bile salt) in your system to digest your food. You already have too much bile, that's why you have the diarrehea.  Cholestyramine is a resin that's given by prescription.  You usually take it at bed time.  The resin absorbs the excess bile. That's what I take.  I mix it (it's a powder) with apple juice before bed. I've used it since 2009.  

• Posted

Can I buy it without prescription? And one thing more Im quickly feel hungry that's why I need to eat something to avoid my stomach will feel empty. It is safe to used cholestyramine for long term? There is no side effects? How you feel when you used it? Did you feel better and no stomach issues happen since you are taking it?

• Posted

Hi.  You need a prescription for it.  When you feel hungry, try applesauce, say 1/4 of a cup.  Also, it small, frequent, low fat meals.  There are side effects from cholestyramine, dizziness and nausea, but it usually takes care of the diarrehea.  Sometimes, I use an over the counter anti-diarrehea pill, immodium, too.  I still have stomach issues, but I can go out, and I'm not running to the bathroom 12 times a day. smile

• Posted

When I gonna visit the GP I will discuss about cholestyramine. For the meantime Im just drinking fennel tea to ease some stomach discomfort, it gives short relief. A probiotics drinks is good if you have too much bile acid? It's been almost a year right now I never feel normal. I stopped to work due to everyday issues In facing.

• Posted

Hi

try gaviscon liquid instant and a soft diet. Sounds very much like acid reflux affecting your throat. Been there myself and frequently have esophageal spasms because of acid

• Posted

Thank you so much. If this issue will continue I will try gaviscon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.