Itchy and Sore eyes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had Rosacea for 3 years and it was becoming quite severe!  I found an article stating many people who have Rosacea also have H Pylori.  I had my Dr test me and I was positive for H Pylori.  Since this is gastral I am wondering if anyone has very itchy and sore eyes along with all the other systems?  If so, what meds helped you?  Thanks!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like blephitis think it's spelt like that, it's Will come under the forums on this site. It is to do with rosacea, treatment is macro lube cream at night and hull forte eye drops. If you get an eye app. They will be able to tell you, I was revered to eye clinic and given diagnosis. Drops and cream work wonders, this was also to do with gut issues that I have. Hope you get sorted.
  • Posted

Hylo Forte eye drops came out wrong sorry. They are expensive to buy so if you can get them on prescription will save around

£13'00

• Posted

Several years ago a friend of mine told me about a red rash on their face. If I remember correctly they went to their doctor for a physical and asked the doc about it. The doc stated it was rosacea. The friends blood glucos numbers were pre diabetic (unexpected) and they had moderatly high blood pressure. I believe everything else was normal. I told the friend to start jogging and some moderate weight lifting. I was suprised that they did and did not stop. I was trying to help them with the blood glucose and blood pressure numbers. Within a year of regular exercise their blood glucose and blood pressure was normal without the use of any drugs. Unexpectedly, they had no more rosacea. It never resurfaced.
  • Posted

Thanks!  I already exercise every day!
    • Posted

we didn't have face/skin issues, but did have both eye and positive HPylori (eye did not resolve with meds for unknown reason/s..2 optomologists?) first HPylori treatment unsuccesful, 2ndworked, changed the ppi to Bismuth on 2nd go...resolved...eye cleared about 2 weeks post 2nd hp treatment.

Perhaps HPylori related or? Eye problem resurfaced one year later but resolved on its own..resurfaced again, used the same meds as Janet...resolved but developed dry eye as a result...took 3 months to clear dry eye, 5 months now and no eye issues. (diet and exercise quite helpful with both dbt2 and pre dbt2...coaching a 70 year old presently...looking good but very early on... Claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.