Itchy\burning anus unsure of cause

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past week I have had a tickling and burning sensation around my anus and surrounding area my first thoughts were threadworms so when I itched I took a look which lead to another discovery I have irritable bowel and constantly go through a cycle of constipation and diarhea upon Looking to see if I seen anything i discovered I had hemorrhoids and they were very swollen and there was a lot of what I assume is mucus.

This leads to were I am now I am unsure if I am itchy because the hemmorhoids are very swollen and the tickling is mucus leaking I do not have a persistent itch which I believe threadworms cause it last a few seconds and then is gone and feels more like leaking mucus and damp and any itch I do get is not around the anus it also occurs during the day which I believe they shouldnt. The area around my anus really burns on my buttcheeks they feel like they are on fire but no sign of rash or irritation which also makes me think it maybe be thrush or some skin infection

I really don't know what to think as symptoms seem to overlap with multiple different conditions does anyone have any idea what might be causing this I'd realy appreciate any thoughts

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think you should make an appointment with your doctor immediately.
  • Posted

Go the Doctor! This is a support group for people who have been diagnosed with hemorrhoids, we can not guess what you have you could be anywhere in the world. The list of things you may have is long. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.