Itchy burning skin and dry eyes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone in menopause dealing with itchy and burning skin?  Especially on your arms?  Also, very, very dry eyes? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Nettie - Yes, the burning skin for me is one of my worst symptoms - it especially is disturbing for me cause it seems to come on in the middle of the night for me & wake me up from a sound sleep - I get it on my feet, front of calves, back, neck & arms - I haven’t experienced the dry eyes (can’t wait for that) but I do get dry mouth/tongue - this is so much fun- not!

• Posted

Hi Nettie, yes to the dry eyes.  Skin not too bad, but it is very thin,  I use vitamin E oil.  Just a drop goes a long way.  Blink eyedrops work ok for the eyes😀

• Posted

hi nettie,

I dont get the dry eyes but do get what feels like a really bad sunburn sometimes. thank goodness it doesn't last long or it would drive me insane🤨

• Posted

Hi Nettie, it will clear up, as do all the other symptoms, it can feel like there are insects crawling under your skin too. I found that I could no longer use soaps, creams etc that I had always used previously. However, now that this symptom has left me, I can use Simple products with no residual itching. The dry eyes are helped by using eye drops...This is another symptom of the mucus membranes being affected by the hormone drop. I used magnesium spray to help me sleep, and I became aware that, if the spray was absorbed so effectively, what about all the products we use on our skin? Our bodies have got to absorb chemicals in skin products which can be quite worrying. Hence using the Simple products. Keep your chin up Nettie, things really do get better x
    • Posted

Thank you, Supemac, for the words of encouragement.  I feel so down beaten at the moment.  Just want to cry a lot.  I will take your advice on the simple products.  I find coconut oil is about the best to use at night on my skin but even that doesn’t stop the itching and burning.  I am so thankful to all you ladies that replied.  It’s a terrible time...
    • Posted

Hi Nettie - you might want to try Aloe Vera gel on your arms to soothe the burning (I keep mine in the refrigerator) & if you get burning anywhere else on your body...ice packs are comforting, donesnt take it away, but does make you feel better - 

• Posted

yep...skin and eyes...eyes are worse than skin. Went for skin and was told it's a form of eczema (small round patches I thought I'd picked up ringworm from the kids I teach)

But also my eyes checked because I was experiencing eye bleeds...you know, when your eye goes red like you've been hit...but it doesnt hurt.

Doc said I have super dry eyes. Systane drops during day n gel at night works wonders.

I also use a mask I can heat up...about to use it now...it is like HEAVEN!!!

• Posted

Thanks, KatyD211. I Appt your response.  So scary to have to go through all this in the name of hormones!  Uggh!
  • Posted

Yes, Nettie! Eyes especially. I use drops daily multiple times. The top of one o
    • Posted

Oops! Of my eye lids has flaky skin constantly. Always rubbing my eyes. My arms itch terribly also. Hoping it will pass soon. Next month will be a year without any period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.