Itchy Everything, Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past five or six months I have had severe itching around my labia, perineum (posterior fourchette) and anus. It mainly only occurs after I urinate, presumably because the area becomes wet, but often it bothers me throughout the day and night. If anyone has any advice on what might be causing this please let me know. I have been to the doctor who prescribed a cream containing hydrocortisone which did not help. I have never had sexual intercourse so I know (or believe) it is not STD or STI related, but I got the impression that my doctor didn't believe that I have never had sex. It was so embarrassing that I don't want to go back. Creams and ointments for itching in this area offer relief but it always comes back. I just don't know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not sure if you saw a GP or an OBGYN but my suggestion would be see an OB doctor because they specialize in the lady parts and will not judge you. Till then wear cotton underwear and loose clothing if and when you're able to. Don't use summers eve products, etc to douche or clean your vagina just use water because feminine products can irritate the skin. Just as an aside you can contract an STD and STI without ever having sexual intercourse. You could have any number of things for example Lichen Sclerosus or BV which can be treated. Hope this helps and hope your doctor can help you figure out what's going on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.