Itchy rash in groin/inner thigh. Jock itch? or STD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please see images, been having this itchy rash for a while now (several weeks). Also had some itch around my generalized body which was thought to be scabies. Tried permethrin, but almost 2 weeks later this area still itches. Also recently noticed multiple red bumps on penis in multiple areas. Haven't had a sexual encounter in over 2 months, so idk if it's related to that but I think it's unlikely. See more pics at this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/multiple-red-bumps-on-penis-not-itchy-679148

One thing I haven't tried is antifungal cream if it's jock itch, but I maintain good hygiene, and I looked at pics and it doesn't really look scaly like a fungal infection. Please help!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

On your inner thigh it looks like a sweat rash to me. Doesn't really look like jock itch but I'm not a dermatologist. If it doesn't go away get it checked out by a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.