Itchy red rash on lady bits!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help - for about a week my whole area has been itchy even at the front under pubes but now all around my bum hole it's bright red and raised spots and itchy? It looks like nappy rash? I haven't used anything but water down there?

What on earth is it? Can I use some sudocrem? Do I need to see a doctor?

Thank you!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try sudocreme ellie but I'm wondering if you have thrush in which case you'll need some Canestan 
  • Posted

Thanks I will try sudocrem tonight and see if it improves in the morning and if not go to the docs.

I think I have just realised whatever it is, it's been made worse by my mums Christmas scented toilet roll I've been using today!!

• Posted

Oh dear. Never heard of scented loo roll before. However it could just be a coincidence.
    • Posted

It's one of those weird ones with a Christmas scene on it... It was itching before today but I didn't have a rash so who know.
    • Posted

I suspect a reaction to meds or maybe a yeast infection from antibiotics. Thrush is a thought too. I'm not a doctor, but it's time to see one. I used an antibacterial bar soap before and a week or two after my surgery. Good luck but call the doc!
  • Posted

Always best to consult a Dr. when you are unaware of what is happening.  I just had a similar incidence with itching and burning, went to see my gynecologist and she felt that it might be a dermatitis type condition.  I had been using poise pads daily and on their site they have had women complaining of this problem as they have changed the contents in the pad. Anyway the Dr. prescribed Chlobetasol steroid creme and within a week I was much, much better. Don't really know what caused it.  I had prior visit to primary Dr. who did vaginal swab and urine check and found nothing.
    • Posted

Thanks I wasn't sure if it would be better to see GP or call the hospital where I had op since its private and that is where I'm supposed to call if I have any problems?
  • Posted

I got quite sore down below - I think it was wearing pads for several weeks which I was not used to so it was a bit like nappy rash! Sudocrem sorted it for me.
  • Posted

Hi Ellie,

This has nothing to do with prolapse surgery but I got a rash down below and my doctor misdiagnosed it as a contact or allergy type rash. She prescribed antibotics and steroid cream. It got worst. Then my Urogynacologist stated I couldn't have surgery to it was fixed and prescribed Chlobetasol and different antibiotics..it  got even worst. I took myself back to the doctors and demanded they fix it I wasn't sleeping and was walking like John Wayne. A different doctor immediately apologised and she thought it was a candid infection - or a strain there of. It turned out to be Ringworm, The wrong treatment had turned  a really mild rash 100 times worst as the antiobiotics and steroids cream til the good bacteria which keep the infection in place.  Eight weeks on  the tablets and and canestan cream are finally working, but guess what I am trying to say is trust your body and above all make sure your Gyna or GP does swabs not second guess what it is. 

Hope this helps. 

PS antibacterial soap helps too. As does Sitz baths and cold compresses for the swelling & bruising

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.