Itchy skin rash and low lymphocyte count

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks. I have had a skin rash for 7 months and I cant even begin to describe how itchy it is. I have also been feeling run down and when walking my legs feel really weak. I have been back and forward to the GP and have been referred to dermatology but its a 6 month waiting list. I got bloods taken last week and today was told I have a low lymphocyte count so have to have them repeated in a month. Does anyone have any idea what all this could be? Has anyone else had similar symptoms and got any answers? Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

6 months wait ??? Where do you live ? Maybe you should tell them it's urgent , how much would it be paying a private doctor ?

You could try a cortisone cream , or some people are applying the medicated Manuka honey these days.

Good luck

• Posted

If you have a low lymphocyte count , your GP is doing exactly the right thing in getting it checked in a month. If it continues to be low your GP may decide to refer you to another consultant ,possibly a haematologist, as well as the dermatologist as a low count can mean so many things and far too many to mention on here.You need a definite diagnosis before any treatment can be started. In the mean time,has your GP given you any steroid cream or suggested any OTC cream you could use?. If you are in UK and I suspect you are,judging by the long wait for a dermatologist try using Aveena lotion which you can buy in most supermarkets. If it makes it worse,then discontinue. Try on a small patch at first

You may need many investigations before a you get a diagnosis and subsequent correct treatment but dont lose heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.