iTind clinical trial update in the USA

Posted , 14 users are following.

I participated in the iTind trial last November and the results for me have been amazing. I just finished the 3rd post procedure followup and learned that they have expaned the patient profile to include men who have prostates up to 150ml in size. The upper limit last year was only 75ml.

The advantages are that you do not have to live a lifetime of drugs with their side effects and compared to other surgical methods it is an easy procedure. There is very little discomfort, very low trauma to surrounding tissue, no issues with incontinence, erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation or incontinence and has a very high success rate. Results seem to last long term and is repeatable if needed in the distant furture.

So if you are dealing with urgency, frequency, weak stream, night time bathroom visits, etc. stop suffering and contact the Medi-tate coordinator in their web site.

Or you can contact the group who took care of me - Weill Cornell Urology in New York City at 212-746-4600 and ask for the iTind coordinator. They will evaluate your specific condition and ask you to participate based upon your suitability for the device. The Weill Cornell is rated #6 in the USA and is part of New York Presbyterian Hospital which provided me with a very comfortable experience.

Best of luck to all who suffer.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Interesting...Please post an occasional followup. This method is very attractive due to the lack of cutting or even the residual implants from the Urolift. The first question for most is how long will acceptable relief last. But as you say it could be redone. 

Thanks for ther info

• Posted

The iTind has been in use for just over 5 years. I asked and they said that nobody has had it repeated yet. For those who it did not work for (15%) they went on to other remedies.

• Posted

Fantastic that you had that good outcome.

Did you have an enlarged median lobe?

Do you happen to know the difference in succes rate bwtween those who do and don't have an enlarged median lobe?

Thanks a lot.

• Posted

Did you have a enlarged median lobe?

Will the Itind work on a enlarged median lobe?

• Posted

Good to hear it is working out for you Bobby. It didn't work out for me. Maybe a month or two of relief, but never was able to get off the terazosin. And eventually I was back to pre Itind results. I hope yours lasts a long time.

My prostate was 45 grams, with no median lobe. 

• Posted

Have you been re-evaluated by anyone familiar with iTind?  I know that you went to Spain for the procedure but is there anyone here in the IUSA doing follow-up care?. Perhaps you should contact Medi-tate and get re-evaluated here in the USA by a top urologist. I would imagine that they would love to hear from you at least to determine why it did not work for you.

I think they have had an 85% success rate overall but not much downside risk which is what attracted me to it. A lot depends on comorbidity withib each patient. You might have other issues that need ot be attended to.

I also have learned that the prostate has a tone of microscpic nerves running thriugh it and around it which makes it hard to treat. They hook up to the autonomic nervous system through your spine. That system is divided into two parts - sympathetic and unsympathetic. One side deals with the "fight or flight" sudden emergency events in life and the other with the routine "feed and breed" functions like heart beat and breathing. The prostate is attached to both sides and they sort of fight over it so theere can be many issues affecting outcome.

Contact Medi-tate. It is worth a try.

• Posted

I had been in contact with Medi Tate many times. I think they were tired of hearing the bad news, so stopped following up. I told them I was moving on to a new procedure. No, there is no urologist near me doing the Itind. 

It was better for a while, but as I recall, there was no long term study of effectiveness.

I hope you have continued success.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that. At least you tried. What part of the US do you live in?

You migh tlook into the new water ablation system. I heard yesterday from the urology group that they were having excellent results with that so far. It did require an overnight stay and a catheter for a day or so but it was also very easy on the surrounding tissue.

• Posted

Hi BobbyT,

Thank you so much! Can you let me know the name of the doc in charge of this trial? I called Cornell this morning and the receptionist is not aware of the trial so did not know who to connect me with. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Fred

• Posted

Bilal Chughtai, M.D.

425 East 61st Street, 12th Floor,

New York, NY 10065

Phonesad646) 962-4811

Ask for Maritza Rodriguez

The Medi-tate co-ordinator is

Maureen Regan

516-669-6081

Tell them how you found them. They were excellent to me.

• Posted

Not sure why that sad emoticon displayed. It should have been an open parenthesis. ????

• Posted

Do you think Itind would work on a enlarged median lobe?
    • Posted

Contact them and ask:

The Medi-tate USA co-ordinator is Maureen Regan   516-669-6081

Tell them how you found them. They were excellent to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.