its been 1.5 years, can I still have PTSD?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was attacked about 1.5 years ago. I thought my ptsd went away after about 6 months becasue all my panic attacks and other symptoms ended. I've recently had a lot of chest pain. Yesterday I had all the symptoms of a heart attack but I'm a healthy 16 year old so that is unlikely what it was.. it could also have been a panic attack. Is it normal for things to reoccur like this after so much time?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hopefully you have a had some therapy and counseling on this. Ptsd doesnt come with an expiration date. Best thing really is working with a counselor and having someone you can talk too. 
  • Posted

I am 27 years PTSD & recent events triggered the worst onset yet. I have learnt that the stages of PTSD can be stunted & retriggered years later through repression. I would urge anyone with PTSD to seek professional help to process it.

The memory of my rapes are held at a cellular level and have been in A & E Tacycardic & receiving treatment for the most horrendous pain it was PTSD 

• Posted

I am currently struggling with aura migraines, dizziness, severe detachment when I wake early hours of the morning where I don't feel I can cope. My reoccurring nightmares are intensifying. It is the glitch like symptoms I am most worried about as my head doesn't seem to be blue to find a balance anymore. 
  • Posted

Hi Sal, 

Any experience that is a shock to your system creates a trauma. This energy remains frozen in time and space. Unless you go back and release this trauma from your energy, you will keep repeating the same patterns or have symptoms related to the trauma. What's interesting is that you may not feel like you have any emotions about it or that you're put it behind you already. I've experienced this myself as I have had a lot of trauma in my childhood and in my 20s. I kept repeating the same pattern, and have managed to work through all of them now. I now treat a lot of women helping them release trauma. So I agree with Lisa. It's best you go see someone to release the trauma. If you want to know more I'm happy to discuss with you. I hope this helps. 

• Posted

PTSD does not go away.  It may slide into the back of your mind, but it will creep back to the front at some time or another.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.