Its coming back!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on Cit for just over a year now, starting on 20mgs after being diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety, I coped very well to start with then it came back, so I eventually came up to 40mgs, and then just before Christmas as I felt really more like my old self I started reducing the dosage very gradually and got down to 25mgs which I am on now, and have been for at least 2months, however out of the blue the anxiety is gradually creeping back and this week I am waking up with the butterfly stomach and the loose bowels, and the crazy mad brain actifity. I have had a scare recently with regard to Ovarian Cancer,which turned out to be a Cyst, but I am still having tests etc, so I suppose it could be that, but I am really scared that I am going to regress into the Depression . I have always been a strong person,so I am finding this very scary and feel for my husband . I do not want to increase my dosage, I am wondering if I should seek Talking therapy of some sort of councilling , has anyone else experienced this and if so does anyone have any advice. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda. Sorry to hear about your depression and health concerns. I would suggest you go talk to your GP about your change in anxiety. It might be best to change your dose back to where it was when you were doing well. I completely understand your desire to come off mess and I have done same when I felt 100% but just relapsedon't after a few months. Maybe some of us just need to be on meds for life. That's OK. Anxiety and depression is a bit like a physical illness and we have to be medicated to feel well. If you were a diabetic you wouldn't just stop the mrds when you feel ok. The period of time you mention sounds simply like a normal relapse time to me. Get an appt with your doctor to discuss meds and think about therapy when mrleds have you stabilised again. Pete

• Posted

Many thanks Pete, I have made an appointment with Doc and your advice makes sense. Much appreciated
    • Posted

No problem Linda :-) You will be OK. Try not to mentally engage with your anxiety in the meantime (I know it's really hard!) I think you might need to change your dose back to the strength on which you felt well, or if you do reduce, do it very very slowly during a period of your life when you don't have outside stress or events which are likely to increase your anxiety normally, such as your current health concerns. Talk it over with Dr. Therapy can be useful, but if you have made meds changes recently you may find you just go round and round in circles with it. Best done when you are going 'upwards' in my experience. Therapy on way down seems to reinforce anxiety. But we are all different. Hope you have family support and understanding during these times. You will improve again and get back to normal but may take a few weeks after meds alterations. Feel free to chat anytime here if you have concerns or worries. Pete

• Posted

Big Thank you again, Pete, you make so much sense, and this Forum is amazing in making you feel you are not alone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.