IUD or tranexamic

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have recently found out that i have a fibroid. My doc is keen to move with Mirena IUD but i am reluctant. I have had one cycle ( although this could be the warm up act who knows!) using Tranexamic and all seems a lot calmer. Is IUD the only sensible option or just the cheaper one!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mirena good if it works mine came out with bleeding too much from my fibroid I did not know I had passed it.  Esyma is a tablet and really good for shrinking fibroids you only have it 3 months then take a break then your allowed back on it x
  • Posted

Hi Hannah,

I have two fibroids and after much reluctance got a Mirena coil fitted. It made everything more heavy and after 2 months it had been flushed out. I went into hospital to have an Endometrial Ablation but it couldn’t be done. Now I have just started Esmya and just waiting to see what happens. I used Tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid which worked well together. I really do think I’ll end up having a hysterectomy but will wait and see. I hope it all goes well with you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.