Iv got DD a polyp and heamrroids and now what feels like a uti can anyone advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I was diagnosed on the 19th of November with D a polyp and haemorrhoids, I'm in constant pain in my backside and can't make out what which 1 if not all is causing the pain and now on top of all that iv got what feels like a water infection 😔Iv been to the docs twice and done two water samples and both are clear. Has anyone on here ever suffered like this I'm in bits

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes i have had this alot keep thinking it's a water infection but always come back clear the cause is when your bowel is in flame it rubs against your ladder . It's a horrible feeling drink lots of water and don't eat for 24 hrs. hope this help

• Posted

Thank you so much, I feel so depressed with it all, the doc gave me buscopan to take which I thought eased it a bit but it is back with vengeance today
    • Posted

Buscopan is to stop your bowel going in to spasan unfortunately it does not help with the feeling of wanting to go to the toilet .
    • Posted

I feel taken pain killers and plenty of water and not eating for 24 hrs really help . Keep away from nuts seeds windy veg red meat bread . Mash pototoe is good or chicken soup easy food
    • Posted

Ok I'll definitely try that from tomorrow hopefully I'll get some rest from this awful feeling, Do u know if this is common with DD? It seems it's all got worse since having the sigmoidoscopy

• Posted

Yes it is common with DD but every one is different I suffer so much so I make the most of my good days and also I can not eat salad that brings on a flaire up no tomatoes just plain food boring I know but choc is a no no with me
    • Posted

I suppose it's just trial and error I noticed ages ago that nuts and porridge play havoc with my bowel maybe I need to keep a food diary.... I seem to have pain most days unfortunately and now this 😔

• Posted

Hi there,i was diagnosed in 2014 with D Disease and i seem to have it under control now, i find having a high soluble diet helps alot,i take fybogel twice a day,it helps with both constipation and the runs and this calms the flare ups.Ive cut down on alcohol,coffee and eat very healthily now,lots of fish,chicken and i limit my red meat intake.I also  have the problem of needing to pee alot when i have a flare up and at one time passed a little blood ,i had a camera into my bladder but nothing was found and the reason for the blood was never found either,i put it down to irritation like BA21 3RU says,It will eventually get easier as you realise what helps and what doesnt,lots of help here for you too,do try the Fybogel or something similar like Lepicol its been a godsend for me but give it time.Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Yvonne for ur advice it's a struggle right now I can't deal with the constant discomfort, I am taking buscopan and probiotics plus cranberry and star oil as well but nothing seems to work. I will definitely try the fybogel and see if that works and maybe try a liquid diet for a couple of days and pray that works, thanks again for ur advice 😊

• Posted

Fybogel never work for me so don't worry if it don't work for you just keep trying different things , this DD is not easy some time it makes you so low, I know when my flaire ups are starting I get so tearful and tired and normanly take to my bed for three days no food just water and chicken soup

• Posted

In between on my way out of flaire up but

Have to be carful as easy to go back especially this time of year so take each day at a time not easy but it's a survival thing

• Posted

Yes I can see that it would be too easy I'm going to try very hard today, thanks for ur help I'll update later

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up