ive been gettin depressed for no reason. Is this anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I been going through anxiety a little over two months now, i was getting better and was towards the end when all of a sudden i got a heart palpitation, it scared me so much felt like my anxiety started all over again. Since then i been getting depressed. Can anyone relate and help me out please?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey alvin smile I have aniexty awhile too .. horrible thing to have right? I have been told this is a lifelong thing as there is no cure for it sad you on medication? Getting depressed over stupid little things yes that's also part of your aniexty I also do that too sad we just have to try fight it sad xx
  • Posted

I think the two work together. I am not a Dr but I think depression can cause anxiety but anxiety can cause depression too.

I am trying everything. I take meds, do relaxation breathing and other distractions to keep my anxiety from going into a full blown anxiety attack.

• Posted

Yes i can alvin i have a lot of anxiety and when i am anxious thats when i feel my heart palpitations 

Try to relax and take it easy you will be fine 

Elizabeth

• Posted

In the old days when i was young lol,id get heart palpatations and then id focus on it. Id keep getting them i actually caused them by thinking about them. Went to the doctor and snapped out of it.
  • Posted

You Have a reason. Anxiety reactions is getting to you. It does come and go so you know. Dont let it own you. Learn about it. Watch videos on the science behind an anxiety attack/panic attack. It is a malfunction and it trugger a rush if chemical thru you. The rush is fear. You need to learn to manage it and not  fear the fear. You can acknowledge all the annoying symptoms that will attempt to lure you into to more fear or accept it as is and it will be done  within fifteen minutes max. Easier said then done. Takes a load of practice. If you choose to feed into fear it will recycle over and over until it exhausts you. Important to learn the science behind it. Very imortant to learn cbt and be active in using it. It does pass! It shows up at times out of nowhere or at least seems like it. Its a sensory overload processing disorder so anything can trigger that. So yes it relatable this can get you down at times. If it starts again you will beat it again.  You have to deal with it as it occurs. There no safe place or any anxiety rule thats going to actually work to keep it away. Its you, its a mal function in you and tons of people live their lives with it. 26% of the world have anxiety related issues.18% get panic attacks. You are far from being alone in this. So its not that you have been getting depressed for no reason, there is a reason. And hopefully you will get to a place within you that understands this is manageabke most of the time. And for those times it isnt, it isnt and then eventually it will pass again. You can do this. You can. Get yourself a cbt book and workbook and start learning.you can see a speialist whintrains and works with cbt. Watch a video in mindfullness. You can do this!  
  • Posted

Anxiety definetly lowers my mood and makes my depression worse.

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

I started off with depression this time which I feel was from the constant pain I was in the longer it went on the more depressed I got the more I was showing signs of anxiety and paranoia for my health. Ive always been healthy, then last year I lost a few friends and all it seemed to be on the news was people dying this without me knowing at that time was having a big impact on my body to the palapatations, being woke up with heavy palpations and my heart skipping beats. this became a focus for me every day the more I thought about it the more regular they became. my fear had really taken hold even to the fact when we were going on holiday and the security systems crashed I was convinced we were being sabotaged. I can look back and realise now how it affected me I know they were not "stupid" ideas because the fear had actually convinced me my thoughts were real. I plucked up the courage to tell my doctor and she was so good telling me it was because of my anxiety being heightened by the fact I am menopausal so I was being hit by a double whammy. Ive been on meds for about seven weeks and beta blockers My anxiety has calmed as with the palpatations I know have my rational head back on. its such a horrible place to be in but i just wanted to explain even the littliest thing can roll on and roll on before we know it wham your body suffers but I am starting to come of it so ther is light at the end of the tunnel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.