Ive been having weird feelings the last 2 days from possible stress and medicine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

The other day was the start of school. I usually have high anxiety and I get very nervous at change. Im not good with it. Well anyway, I came home and completely broke down (Im also on my period currently). I had a huge headache Monday night and took some Tylenol PM (1 pill at 500 mg) and about 40 minutes after I took it, I felt very faded. I felt like I was zoned out and I was not there. I was kinda feeling like I had no emotions, and I was already so stressed out and I was freaking out. I ended up getting 5 hours of sleep that night, and I woke up yesterday still feeling zoned out. Now normally even the most general pain relieving medicine hits me like a truck, but this is something that I haven't experienced before. I asked my dad about it and he said that it was too much for my body to handle. Its even too strong for him. So I am 5 feet tall, 115 pounds and I currently am in a fog, emotionally and physically. Like I am happy at some points but like when I express my emotions especially to my loved ones, it doesnt feel as though it connects, even though I mean what I say. This is my first time that this has ever happened to me and I just need some reassurance that the medicine effect will go away. Again this only started to happen 40 minutes after I took that medicine the other day. I dont have any thoughts of harm or suicide or anything like that. But I do have like anxiety to change. I am not good with change. I am also an overworrier, and I tend to freak out over things that dont seem to be a big deal. But I honestly need help here. I just need to know if its from this strong medicine I took and that the symptoms will disappear

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

alli hi, FIRSTLY Throw those tablets andntake them to the the pharmacy to be destroyed. The symptoms that you discribe are the side effects of the second compound in the tablet. It is what we call an antihistamine and is used for travel sickness, allergies and as a a drug to help you drift off to sleep naturally. There is nothing natural about the side effects. You need to speak to your doctor because some of the things that you have posted are a responce to tylenol. THEY contain 500mg of PARACETAMOL each tablet and an added ANTIHISTAMINE. As you are a teenager and taking this medication the side effects can double. The reason for this is that your body weight. The tablets are just too strng for you. Try something that is proven for period pains Ibuprofen 200mg. Read the instructions and don't just pick up some tablets your mum and dad takes.

They can cause anxiety and depression, they can give you heart palputations, they can make you feel dizzy and give you sleepyness. They can fog your brain, this is not good if you are going to take exams.

You also stated that any pain killer hits you like a truck. Just for that reason talk to your Dr and tell him what you have taken and thay will be able to prescribe you a different type of medication for period pain. Good luck and hope this reasures you that you should stay off painkillers with added ingredience. All the best Petercool

• Posted

I actually had them flushed down the toilet, and they are gone, and I only took one once. And that was the other day. I still feel a bit in a fog but I am kinda returning back to my normal self. I just need to sleep it off so it can ware off I think. I dont have any like depression side effects and I am known to have anxiety (even before I took this, that's why I was freaking out lol) but other than feeling just mind fogged and like my brain and my body arent on the same page. Its subsiding, I will say that. And this was all because the medicine was too strong for my body? And should this subside on its own? I feel like it already is, and Im feeling better than what I was the other day. But I also dont get enough sleep at night so could that be it too? And will the pills effects ware off? Im really sorry I just need some assurance, but thank you so much. Honestly I cant begin to express how calm this makes me feel. My mind is just out of it is all lol. And Ive been under high stress and anxiety because of school and such (no big deal Im getting use to change). 
  • Posted

Hi again alli, the antihistamine in tylenol is a drug called Diphenhydramine. Also in the first paragraph line 9 I ment to type STRONG not STRNG.eek
  • Posted

hi alli during period when blood pressure is low it make you feel like that sometimes,and maybe a real reason anxiety makes detachment feelings ,im detached too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.