ive been on 150mg of Diazepam for 12years

Posted , 7 users are following.

im now being told that ive got to come off them 10mils ever 2weeks but when looking it up they saying 2mils ever 2weeks can any one help me on what i should been took down by every 2weeks ????????????

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Why do you gotta come off them? That's a large mg.. But lowering it that low so quick will cause withdrawal symptoms.
  • Posted

whoever prescribed you that much valium for so long, should be struck off.the rich get away with it, while we poor get shuffled out of the door.....channel your withdrawl energy.................................
  • Posted

Wow 150mg is the most I've ever heard of, I've know people to take 5 mg 3 x a day so that sounds like a hell of a lot!! Reducing by that much every 2 weeks will cause more harm than good, the longer the better I would advise, maybe reduce 10mg for 4-8 weeks and see how that goes or even reducing 5 mg at a time?? What r u prescribed them for if u don't mind me asking x
    • Posted

very badĀ ANXIETY im like a bull to a red rag with out the they dont do any thing but keep me living a chilled life with out them i can not go out or do any thing but with the meds i have a life and go in 2 town and things like that ty martin
  • Posted

Hi I'm sorry but I don't understand how you can walk being a 150mg diazepams a day. Surely this is a joke
    • Posted

yes they dont do any thing but keep me from being a mad man 150mgs every day for the passed 12 years if i took a full box of 28 you never tell i had done where just one tab would put some one 2 sleep im very worryed about coming off them they have have helped me live a chilled life where with out meds im a mess mad man ready go boom
  • Posted

Hi, I'd suggest you try reducing as your GP suggests, your on a huge dose so reducing by 10mg every two weeks may well be okay, if you experience withdrawal symptoms stop the reduction or slow it down and go back yo your GP.

You can only give it a go, perhaps as your dose reduces you might find reducing the amount to 5mg, then 2mg is suggested.

neilĀ 

• Posted

Are you prescribed that dose or do you buy them ? Because from my understanding 30mg is the high text dose any doctor should prescribe
  • Posted

Hi how are things going.

What mgs of diazepams are you on now. Im down to 19mg and it's been one mental ride, and still can be.

Regards shell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.