IVE BEEN ON CITOLPRAM FOR 4 YEARS AND LAST WEEK DECIDED ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

IVE BEEN ON CITOLPRAM FOR 4 YEARS AND LAST WEEK DECIDED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR AND ASK TO COME OFF

KNOWING THIS IS A GRADUALE PROCESS I WAS TAKING 20MG, BUT FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS IM DOWN TO 10MG AND THEN FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS ONE EVERY DAY, AND THEN 1 A WEEK.

IF THERE IS ANYONE IN THE SAME POSITION PLEASE GET IN CONTACT TO TELL ME HOW YOU ARE FEELING. THIS IS MY FIRST WEEK ON THE REDUCED AMOUNT, AND I HAVE ONE OR TWO SIDE EFFECTS AND WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF I CAN COMPARE THESE WITH OTHERS.

CHEERS

MARTYsmile

[i:bf36d343e3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bf36d343e3]

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marty,

I've been on cip for 9 years. The side effects I have been getting whilst trying to reduce my dose are mainly emotional. I feel like crying a lot, am quite irritable and just generally a bit low. I believe these side effects pass eventually but they are a pain. I hope you dont have the same trouble. Ciprimil was a great friend to me for a long time but I really want to get off it now. Let me know how you are getting on. It takes quite a while to reduce them and I would say perhaps your doc is rushing you a little.

Good Luck.

Les

[i:552ff1f14b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:552ff1f14b]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have just started on citalopram again, and came off it about a year ago. What your doctor has suggested sounds very sensible to me, but if you need to slow it down then talk to him/her. I found when coming off it last time that after the 3rd or 4th day without a dose I would feel dreadfully weak, like I was coming down with a dose of something. this was my main side effect, though I think there was a bit of dizzyness as well, this was mostly overshadowed by the feeling of weakness. I didn't feel any mental health adverse effects because at the time I was "ready" to stop, but if you are not ready, then this is something else to speak with your doc about.

[i:8e5ac52e47]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8e5ac52e47]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

LES

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND PLEASE GET IN TOUCH

THE LAST 2 WEEKS HAVE BEEN NOT GREAT AND I COULD DO WITH YOUR SUPOORT IF YOU ARE WILLING

PLEASE EMAIL ME, AS I THINK YOU CAN HELP ME OVER THE NEXT 10 WEEKS.

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH SOON

BEST WISHES AND THANKS

MARTY

[i:2e2aaf5162]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2e2aaf5162]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its three weeks since being on a programme to come citalopram, and the worst is over.

The first two weeks were hard work and adjusting to the new dosage had side effets, but im starting to feel much better.

with a positive frame of mind you can do it.

get in touch if you want to speak about the withdrawal experience and i will tell you what to expect from my personnell experiencesmile

[i:25f4e8de2a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:25f4e8de2a]

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello there

I have been on citolopram for over five years after breast cancer and a divorce. I would like to start reducing them - I am going to see my doctor in a couple of weeks to discuss it,. I am on 40mg and was thinking off going down to 30 to start of with. can I e-mail you for advice when I start? Amy

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up