Ive finally told my friends i cant be thier friend anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

Some of you may remember my friends left me on a hen do in a foriegn country having multiple panick attacks and then the bride (my best friend) telling me i was a risk to be a brideamaid. Since then i feel i have been treated like i have a contiguous disease. Something happened the other day and i got told i was taking it too personal. I then told my best friend that hurt me and i got ignored because she was hungover This upset me as from the beginning i told them it would help if they done some research and then they would know that telling me that is very dismissive to my depression and anxiety. I have told them all today that i need to distance my self as i cant take being told the wrong thing any more because they havnt done their research. A couple of them were nice and said we respect your dicision hower the bridezilla (it would be her) was very defensive and said she hasnt done anything wrong . So thats me. Friendless and messed up. All i wanted was for them to say you know. Its ok your upset im here for you. Ill never be able to trust anyone again

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am so proud of you! 

They were not your friends. What a bunch of self absorbed, nasty, people they were. You will make new friends. Did you attend the wedding? This wont go off bold lol im so sorry. 

• Posted

Hi,

Just wanted to say ur bold type comment made me laugh. Thanku

• Posted

Bridezillas response was interesting and better come back would be you havent done anything right or kind either. Haha good riddens to them all.
    • Posted

I did attend the wedding and i was the opposit of a risk. I danced i drank i helped her get her shoes on and even held up her dress whilst she went to the loo.

I am proud of myself and relieved too. I know ive done the right thing. Now i only have people in my life who will just listen to me and hold my hand.i feel sorry for them that they cant and wont try to understand what its like. And if they ever deal with someone else like thos i hope this has been a lesson for them xx

• Posted

karma will arrive in each of their lives.

Anxiety is epidemic and life gets stressful from time to time for everyone. Let go of your anger now, you dont want it to brew inside of you ..you completely did the correct thing. The second you said they left alone in spain to go eat it was obvious it was a matter of time until you would wash them from your life.

• Posted

Yep. Their negativity is thier own problem not mine. Youve been a great help Lisa thank you x
  • Posted

Wow that's really awful. I have had people not understand the condition too and just say be a man and just ignore it. Sometimes I think it's even worse when you are a man dealing with this. There is a stigma that your just weak. Or your a hypochondriac. Never had friends say awful things like in your experience. Sounds like they aren't very good friends if they won't research it and have no compassion. My advice is if you haven't already done so try to find a group you can attend with other people who have the same issues so you can be around people who know what your going through and is a judgment free zone.

• Posted

I can understand what you mean about seeming week if youre a man. Its such a shame. Lucky for me my fiance has been through depression and he is just amazing and hes more sensative than other men. I read somewhere today having depression makes you less naive as you can see people for what they and not just whats on the outside. I have been thinking about finding a group to join but wouldnt know where to start x
    • Posted

Go see your gp or whoever you hav been seeing about your anxiety.

I'm on a course at moment called Compassion Focus Therapy it's 12 week group course.

I did an anti anxiety course once too.

Because I was already in the system so to speak my psychologist arranged for me to attend the cft.

I feel so comfortable around the others on this course. It's very enlightening.

• Posted

I think you're real courageous to take this step. Could be the best decision u made cos sounds like its a 'taking sides' thing and who's the ringleader? The bridezilla. The stance seems to be 'If you don't agree with this bully' then **** you. I bet most are spineless.

Anyway, this is day zero for you. Go girl, make some nicer friends.

I also think their lack of compassion has caused some of your anxiety.

People should unite in the horrible things which we share. Anxiety is one of them. We all experience it, whether it's mild or severe. one day they might be in similar situation.

😃

• Posted

Thats put a smile on my face. Thank you so much.

Ill miss 2 of them but i couldnt care less about the other. Its a shame its come at my expense for me to see what a nasty selfish person she is but now i know. And too think she could have been my bridesmaid. She probably thinks she still will be and ill get back in contact in a while. As she thinks she hasnt done anything wrong which is code for, im overreacting, honestly i hope she does experience a panic attack and feels like shes drowning and being burried alive at the same time then realises what shes done and i will never be there to help her or accept her apology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.